Bryston Authorized Dealer/Distributor Statement

richidoo

Bryston Authorized Dealer/Distributor Statement
« on: 27 Jul 2008, 06:43 pm »
I can see the intent of this message (copied below) is to disuade people from buying Bryston gear from unauthorized dealers. But it also implies that if I buy a used Bryston product newer than 2006 from a private individual, from an Audio Circle member for instance, I would have no warrantee protection. Alternatively, it could be interpreted that the bearer of the original receipt whether he is the original purchaser or not is entitled to warrantee service, as long as the original bill of sale be from an authorized dealer.

So, the $64k question: Is the Bryston warrantee on 2006 and newer items transferrable to new owners?
Thanks for clarification!
Rich

Reference from Bryston website:

"Bryston Authorized Dealer/Distributor Statement

To Our Valued Customers:

WARNING: We urge you to use an authorized Bryston dealer or distributor when purchasing a Bryston product.

Bryston products are sold, supported, and serviced through the worldwide network of dealers and distributors listed in the Dealer/Distributor section of this website. If the company selling Bryston product is not listed on this website, we encourage you to e-mail Bryston to confirm whether or not the company selling the product is part of the authorized Bryston network. Bryston does not authorize the sale of current products online.

When parties outside of the network of authorized Bryston dealers and distributors sells a Bryston product, Bryston will not honor warranties on those products.

Proof of purchase in the form of a copy of the bill of sale from an authorized Bryston Dealer/Distributor must be presented to obtain warranty service. (This applies only to product manufactured after February, 2006)"

richidoo

Re: Bryston Authorized Dealer/Distributor Statement
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2008, 06:56 pm »
Nevermind, I found the whole warrantee statement here:
http://www.bryston.ca/warranty.html

Warrantee is transferrable as long as you have receipt to prove it came from Bryston authorized dealer.  So if you buy it used, make sure you get the receipt with matching serial number for gear that is made 2006 and newer.
Thanks
Rich