SP 1.7 SUB-out

hakalugi

SP 1.7 SUB-out
« on: 25 Mar 2008, 01:55 am »
Hi,

from my 1.7, i'm currently running balanced sub-out to a parametric EQ, to my amp, to my Folded Horn Sub.  Being a home theater setup, i'd like to deploy my Buttkickers (tactile transducers)...   their amp is unbalanced input only.    http://www.thebuttkicker.com/home_theater/products/bka1000-4a.htm

Is it ok/safe to use both the balanced and unbalanced out of the SP 1.7 at the same time?

if not, i was thinking of using the EQ/processor to split the signal (one balanced in, 2 balanced out) one output channel EQ'd for the sub, the second output channel for the ButtKicker amp - but the unit i had in mind (Arts Clean Box) to do the balanced-to-unbalanced conversion seems to have a serious roll-off in the low frequencies (counter productive to the whole point of tactile transducers that will vibrate down to 5Hz) - so any thoughts on how to convert a balanced to unbalanced signal?

i could set the level of the second output channel much lower and get blue-jeans-cable to make me a shorted-pin cable if you'all think that will work...

?

Phil A

Re: SP 1.7 SUB-out
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2008, 02:39 am »
You can use both.  I use the balanced outs but for a bit used the unbalanced too to hook to an amp to drive a set of remote speakers.

ec

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2008, 08:44 pm »
Yep I use my sub XLR to go into an SMS-1 (PEQ) and the unbalanced into a Y connector for a pair of Buttkickers amps

hakalugi

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2008, 10:19 pm »
thanks to both.  EC - exactly.