Tour - LDR300.V25 Buffered Preamp | Part II

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Tour - LDR300.V25 Buffered Preamp | Part II
« on: 26 Jul 2018, 01:57 pm »
Hi All!

With plans set to release our new LDR300.V25 Buffered (active) preamp in late August, I'd like to organize a tour for the LDR300 for those of you keenly interested in giving this LDR based active preamp a test drive.

If you're interested in participating in the tour please post a note here or PM me. It's first come first serve and I'll update the participant list here in this thread as time goes by.

I'm really excited about the LDR300 and I think you'll really enjoy taking it for a spin.

You can read more about the LDR300 via the link below and there'll be more info forthcoming over the next few weeks. 
https://www.tortugaaudio.com/products/buffered-preamps/ldr300-v25-buffered-preamp/

Cheers,
Morten  :thumb:

Tour Rules:

1) You get to use the preamp for up to a maximum of 1 week (7 days) from the day you receive it so if it arrives on a Monday you agree ship it out to the next person on the tour list no later than the following Monday.

2) You pay to ship it on to the next participant and you agree to use a shipping service with tracking such as USPS Priority (least cost), UPS or FedEx.

3) Shipment must be insured for $1500.

4) You agree to post your thoughts on the preamp on Tortuga Audio's AudioCircle. You don't have to write a formal verbose review. You don't have to use fancy audiophile adjectives. Just tell it like you hear it in your own words.

5) The tour is limited to ~10 participants although I might squeeze in a couple of more along the way as the tour evolves.
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2019, 04:01 pm by tortugaranger »

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Tour - LDR300.V25 Buffered (Active) Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:00 pm »
Hello. Hello. Pft. Pft. Is this thing on?

Not a single one of you want to participate in a tour of the LDR300.V25 Buffered Preamp?  :scratch:

Tubeburner

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2018, 05:11 pm »
I would be glad to participate.  I am moving so late September for me. :D

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2018, 05:13 pm »
Looks awesome and I bet it's killer. It's like your LDR tech got together with a First Watt jfet buffered preamp circuit and they made a baby. Unfortunately, I'm just not in the market for a new preamp or I'd be very interested in the tour.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2018, 05:28 pm »
Woot woot! We got our first participant!!  :green:

The tour group:

1) Tubeburner (late Sept due to moving)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
08)
9)
10)

TJHUB

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2018, 02:52 am »
I can’t believe more aren’t jumping on this.  I’d like to compare to my LDR3.v2, so I’m in and ready now. 

MttBsh

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2018, 03:26 am »
I would love to jump in. I currently own an older version of the passive Tortuga LDR (a DIY) and would love to hear the LDR300.V25 Buffered pre. I'm in the Seattle area, please put me on the list. Thanks!

Matt

ssglx

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2018, 09:02 am »
I would also like to get in on the tour. I have a factory built Tortuga now which I'm pretty happy with, but I'd like to check out the new version.
I'm in southern Colorado.

Chris

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #8 on: 1 Aug 2018, 01:00 pm »
Thanks all for signing up.
Here's the updated list.
The actual tour sequence will be determine once we have a full list and know where everyone lives to minimize shipping cost/time.

2) TJHUB
3) MttBsh
4) ssglx
5)
6)
7)
08)
9)
10)

audiogurujax

« Reply #9 on: 1 Aug 2018, 04:21 pm »
Can you please add me to the list. I would love to test this with My new Pass amps.

Thanks a Lot!

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #10 on: 1 Aug 2018, 04:54 pm »
I'd like to be on the tour only if I can do it beginning Oct. Remodeling the kitchen, so the living/listening room is full of "parts". Construction to begin later this month.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #11 on: 1 Aug 2018, 07:37 pm »
Here's the updated tour list.  :thumb:

2) TJHUB
3) MttBsh
4) ssglx
5) audiogurujax
6) konut
7)
08)
9)
10)

SFDude

« Reply #12 on: 1 Aug 2018, 07:42 pm »
Oooh, this would be a better match for one of my current setups. Would be great to get on this Tour as well when it starts up. I'm in Seattle area as well.

-dave

WireNut

« Reply #13 on: 2 Aug 2018, 06:02 am »
Buffered unity gain, yeah I'm in.

Ern Dog

« Reply #14 on: 2 Aug 2018, 02:44 pm »
Put me on the list please.  I’d love to hear how it compares to my Melody BP101 tube preamp.  It will be paired with a Border Patrol SE300B SET amp.  Thanks a bunch!

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #15 on: 2 Aug 2018, 03:02 pm »
Thank you all for your time and interest. It appears we have a full tour. May add 1-2 more and perhaps a standby list.
Here's the updated tour list.  :thumb:

2) TJHUB
3) MttBsh
4) ssglx
5) audiogurujax
6) konut (wait until Oct due to remodeling)
7) SFDude
08) WireNut
9) Ern Dog
10) JWK (waiting on confirmation)

TJHUB

« Reply #16 on: 2 Aug 2018, 08:49 pm »
Is the tour going to start late September as the first person on the can’t receive it until then?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #17 on: 2 Aug 2018, 09:08 pm »
Is the tour going to start late September as the first person on the can’t receive it until then?

First off we won't have production units until very late in August so figure kicking off the tour sometime in early September.

Secondly, the tour list is just a list right now. It's not the tour sequence. I'll sort the sequence of the tour based on everyone's location and other considerations like their availability. So for example Tubeburner and konut will get moved to the back of the sequence.

TJHUB

« Reply #18 on: 2 Aug 2018, 09:09 pm »
First off we won't have production units until very late in August so figure kicking off the tour sometime in early September.

Secondly, the tour list is just a list right now. It's not the tour sequence. I'll sort the sequence of the tour based on everyone's location and other considerations like their availability. So for example Tubeburner and konut will get moved to the back of the sequence.

Got it.  Thanks.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: 3 Aug 2018, 12:37 am »
If you still have room I'd love to try this preamp on the tour. As with the the buffer tour, it's very generous of you to offer.