Free signal cables

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Free signal cables
« Reply #20 on: 23 Oct 2012, 09:31 pm »
Hi.
So it is "free" upgrade, not 100% free as you already paid for the old cables.

FYI, Monsitor Cables, USA has offered free LIFETIME upgrade programme for many years now.

c-J

They didn't have to offer it to past sales.  They easily could've just changed it.  So yes, it's free. 

cheap-Jack

« Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm »
Hi.
They didn't have to offer it to past sales.  They easily could've just changed it.  So yes, it's free.

Really? So it is a real 'free lunch' though not what I read from the first post.

The vendor'd go bankcrupt in no time if it was really unconditionally free! Too good to be true!

c-J

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm »
The vendor'd go bankcrupt in no time if it was really unconditionally free! Too good to be true!

c-J
Uh.  It was free.  If you purchased a unit from Hypex, they sent replacement input wiring at no cost.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #23 on: 23 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm »
Hi.
Really? So it is a real 'free lunch' though not what I read from the first post.

c-J

Why ar you getting worked up about this? Just let it go. BTW I will install one of the new cables this week and do a listening test.

bhakti

« Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 2012, 01:12 am »
I don't think anyone is questioning whether the change is worth it or not.  It's free and a simple fix, but I don't get the "not wasting my precious time doing comparisons" logic.   If that's the case, just ask Bruno which speakers, source and preamp you should own and be done with it.  Isn't half the fun of this hobby the discovery of what sounds best to you? 

Cheers,

Jack

Ok, that was an attempt at a little humor.  I was referring to my 'precious' time, not yours.  But really, I have grown tired of endless comparisons of this or that - my issue I know.  Just get me back to music - that's all.

Enjoy!!

ufokillerz

« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2012, 03:37 am »
no cables yet! hopefully i will see them soon. I just had my amps built by a friend, hopefully they come soon.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 27 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm »
no cables yet! hopefully i will see them soon. I just had my amps built by a friend, hopefully they come soon.

If you just purchased the modules you probably will NOT be getting cables as they were included.  The new cables were for older kits. 

The easiest way to tell is ask your friend if the input cabling had a blue wire within it.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2012, 12:23 pm »
This should help everyone.  The little pieces are the new style and the complete cable is the older style.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #28 on: 3 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm »
Okay. I finally had time today to install the "new" cable on one monoblock. My system still sounds great--like before.  :lol:

I may do the other side and also use a rhodium xlr connector I have on hand.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 4 Nov 2012, 01:47 pm »
Okay. I finally had time today to install the "new" cable on one monoblock. My system still sounds great--like before.  :lol:

I may do the other side and also use a rhodium xlr connector I have on hand.
:thumb:

ufokillerz

« Reply #30 on: 14 Nov 2012, 03:58 pm »
If you just purchased the modules you probably will NOT be getting cables as they were included.  The new cables were for older kits. 

The easiest way to tell is ask your friend if the input cabling had a blue wire within it.

got my ncore400 back in may, only got them built now, pretty sure i have the old ones, still waiting on my new set of cables.