Tenderfeet are just what I needed

hifiman5

Tenderfeet are just what I needed
« on: 17 Feb 2010, 01:39 am »
Steve,

I recently purchased a set of four Big Tall tenderfeet to continue the process of tuning my system.I feel like I've been at this forever.  Well...taking  the massive brass footers out from underneath my extensively modified cj PV-12L  and replacing them with Tenderfeet got me to my sonic destination!  The brass footers are serving the cause as weights on my CD Player chassis.  The Tenderfeet almost magically preserve the bass taughtness and impact and at the same time provide for grainless upper-midrange and treble.  They really preserve a tonal balance that allows the music to flow.

Congratulations on producing such a fine product... no surprise as all of your offerings have benefited my system.

Thank you!!   :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Tenderfeet are just what I needed
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2010, 06:41 pm »
Hi Steve,

Just a quick note to express a quick opinion on my 4 Tenderfoots that arrived this morning. I've had them now for around 4 hours and I'm very impressed with them. I have my Mhdt Havana NOS Dac (w/ an Ultrasonic RX-9 dampening ring on the Bendix Red Bank 6385 tube) sitting on top of my DirecTv HD DVR receiver, it's the only place left in my rack so there's absoluely no choice for placement. I had been using Vibrapods that I had on hand but I'm telling ya the Tenderfoots blow them right away. Most noticeable is a tigher bass and cleaner highs. I was playing Jay Soto: Long Time Coming (2005), smooth jazz, and I was 1/2 way thru the album when the footers arrived. I went back and replayed the album and it's like going from a 100 watt bulb table lamp in the living room that's used for reading the evening newspaper and replacing it with a 150 watt reading bulb. As does print of the newspaper pops right into focus, so has the overall clarity of the Havana Dac.

The Tenderfoots come with a Grungebuster disc that's attached to the wide part of the footer. This disc acts as an isolator from vibrations that originate from below, in my case the DVR. I have the Havana sitting on the narrower side of the footer so the material can soak up any internal vibrations from within the Dac. Placement of these 4 footers were noticable straight up for me and I am very happy to have gotten them along with the RX-9 dampening ring for the Dac's tube.  :thumb:

Now I'm more curious than ever,,,, wondering what possible gain could be made from using a Supersonic Stabilizer on top of the Havana, possibly placed directly over the transformer?  :scratch:   :o   :D

Cheers,
Robin