Pace Car USB

serengetiplains

Pace Car USB
« on: 11 Jan 2011, 07:03 pm »
I've been fiddling with my Pace Car USB.  I swapped out three low voltage regulators for Hynes shunts, and powered these shunts with Hynes series supplies.  I also added a Hynes shunt regulator for each of the ultraclocks.

Ooooh!  Great sound.

audioengr

Re: Pace Car USB
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2011, 07:25 pm »
I've been fiddling with my Pace Car USB.  I swapped out three low voltage regulators for Hynes shunts, and powered these shunts with Hynes series supplies.  I also added a Hynes shunt regulator for each of the ultraclocks.

Ooooh!  Great sound.

Nice Job.  This sucker would cost a fortune as a product!!

Steve N.

serengetiplains

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2011, 08:58 am »
I hear you, Steve.  And from my amateur-modding side, it's all for the music.  Thanks for such a great product.  I finally have that softness back some 15 years into this digital trek.

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2011, 06:59 pm »
I hear you, Steve.  And from my amateur-modding side, it's all for the music.  Thanks for such a great product.  I finally have that softness back some 15 years into this digital trek.

Super.  I'm pleased that it is so satisfying for you.

I am putting lots of custom Hynes regs into the products now, mostly the Overdrive DAC, but also the new Off-Ramp 4.  This is actually a bit better than the Pace-Car now IMO.  I had to shrink some of the regulators to make them fit.

There is so much demand for these OEM regulator modules that Hynes cannot keep up with it, given his other products.  As a result, I am licensing the technology and I will be producing them myself.  He charges very reasonable prices, so I dont believe it will be any cheaper for me to make them.  At least I will have more on hand and I can customize them and even embed them into my products.  These types of license arrangements are expensive, so it will be a LONG time before I break even on this.  What's important is that my customers have the very best SQ and dont have to wait too long.

Steve N.

serengetiplains

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2011, 01:33 am »
You're knocking them out of the park, Steve.  With the Hynes power regs, your equipment went from best-in-class for stock componentry to wow.

serengetiplains

« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2011, 05:40 am »
I'm chiming in again to repeat how good the Pace Car sounds.  Fantastic stuff.  Remarkable.