NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT - The Signature 15 LFP-V Edition Integrated is coming!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All,

We anticipate that by the end of this month, we will be into production of a
new, high-value integrated amp - The Signature 15 LFP-V Edition.

Details:

-- Class-A LFP-V Tube input stage

-- Discrete Class AB output stage (this is all new!)

-- 3 analog inputs, with input select switch on the front panel

-- LiFePO4 battery pack and charger (It is an LFP-V Edition product, afterall)

-- 1 Volume controlled set of RCA output jacks (which are fed from the tube stage)

-- LFP-V SMART board

-- Remote volume control

-- Power: 15wpc RMS into 8-ohm, 30wpc RMS into 4-ohm

-- Price: $1500

We are now taking pre-orders, and if you order this month, you can take advantage of our 10% off September promotion:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98258.0

Once we are into Production, Srajan of 6moons will be receiving the first review unit.  Compare this to our original Signature 30 that we introducted back in 2006 for $1400 and you will see that the Signature 15 LFP-V Edition gives you MUCH, MUCH more for nearly the same price. 

We won't have pictures until later this month when we receive the enclosures, but it will essentially be the same size as the Sig 30.2.  The rear panel layout is going to be different, and the front panel will resemble the Isabella preamp (with the input select switch on the front). 

Webpage, pictures, and more details coming md to late September.  Pre-order one now and save!

If a clean, high-curent 15wpc into 8-ohm (30wpc into 4-ohm) is all that you need , this Class A/AB hybrid will deliver the goods - guaranteed  by our 30-day refund policy. 

Come listen at RMAF Room 1009!

Vinnie

alan m. kafton

Excellent. I look forward to taking a listen at RMAF.

Support American manufacturers!!   :thumb:

jaspal kallar

Any more information how this Class A/AB works; is it automatic or can one choose via a switch for example?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Any more information how this Class A/AB works; is it automatic or can one choose via a switch for example?

Details:

-- Class-A LFP-V Tube input stage

-- Discrete Class AB output stage

jaspal kallar

Ok thanks. So I presume 'Discrete' mean one can choose. 

richidoo

Nope. The amp plays in class A up to the level set by the bias current. When more power is called for, the amp delivers it in class B - automatically.

Congrats on the new amplifier Vinnie!

Gerry E.

Vinnie:

Since the amplifier output section is class AB, I assume it's not single-ended transistor output like the NP First Watt, Valvet (from Germany) and a few others.  A battery powered, remote controlled, hybrid integrated single-ended amp for $1500 would be a very exciting new product!  This is almost as good.

Is there anyway you could have done this single-ended or would the power be too low?  Either way, best of luck with this new amp!

Gerry   

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
All,

Thanks for your posts an interest.

Nope. The amp plays in class A up to the level set by the bias current. When more power is called for, the amp delivers it in class B - automatically.

Not quite.  The input tube stage is Class A, but the output stage is discrete FET in AB
("push pull" mode). 

Doing a Class A output stage would not allow for much output power (unless a very large battery pack is used because of the amps of current that would be wasted in heat and a big enclosure with heat sinking - that is nature of Class A power output stages).

I hope this clarifies things a bit, but please let me know if you have more questions.

Sincerely,

Vinnie

Tommy123

When will the new flagship be announced?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
When will the new flagship be announced?

The Liliana Monoblocks will be our flagship amplifiers.  We are aiming to have them at RMAF, and be into production by the end of October.  So I'll formally announce them early October before RMAF.

Best regards,

Vinnie

alamakazam

will there be a mono block version or a power amp version?

Gerry E.

Vinnie:

I realize the following is a "loaded question" but within its power rating, how does the sound quality of the new Sig. 15 Integrated compare to the current Sig. 30.2 Integrated? All of the design and user features of the Sig. 15 are great on paper, but that doesn't mean much if it doesn't sound great.  Of course I doubt that you would release a new amp if it didn't sound at least very good.  Thanks.

Gerry   

Tommy123

will there be a mono block version or a power amp version?

Monoblock, for maximum separation and performance!

stlblue

Vinnie:

I realize the following is a "loaded question" but within its power rating, how does the sound quality of the new Sig. 15 Integrated compare to the current Sig. 30.2 Integrated? All of the design and user features of the Sig. 15 are great on paper, but that doesn't mean much if it doesn't sound great.  Of course I doubt that you would release a new amp if it didn't sound at least very good.  Thanks.

Gerry

Great question. How does it compare sonically to the Sig 30.2, within its power limits?

kingpin

Great question. How does it compare sonically to the Sig 30.2, within its power limits?

I am very curious about this myself. 

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor

All,

Excellent question - the Signature 15 LFP-V Edition compares very well sonically to the Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition.  If 15wpc RMS into 8-ohm (30wpc RMS into 4-ohm) is all the power you'll need, the Sig 15 LFP-V is a fantastic value!  You will love it!  8)

Vinnie

Gerry E.

All,

Excellent question - the Signature 15 LFP-V Edition compares very well sonically to the Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition.  If 15wpc RMS into 8-ohm (30wpc RMS into 4-ohm) is all the power you'll need, the Sig 15 LFP-V is a fantastic value!  You will love it!  8)

Vinnie

Vinnie:

Spoken like a true diplomat and father.  After all, both of these amps are your "babies".  :)

I guess we'll just have to hear them for ourselves.  I'm fortunate in that I'm just up the road in RH, CT.  Thanks.

Gerry

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Vinnie:

Spoken like a true diplomat and father.  After all, both of these amps are your "babies".   

I guess we'll just have to hear them for ourselves.  I'm fortunate in that I'm just up the road in RH, CT.  Thanks.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Perfect - When we have them in production, I'd really appreciate you coming down to visit for a listen.  You can compare them.  You can listen to the our listening room and set-up, but feel free to bring your own speakers or any other equipment that you wish - but especially music that you know very well and enjoy.  :singing:

Just a few weeks....

Vinnie

Lord Soth

• I'm an American BadAss!
Hi everyone,

I am interested in getting either the Signature 30.2 or the new Signature 15.

Has anyone managed to do an A/B comparison yet?

BTW, Merry X'mas to everyone.  :D

Cheers!

Alwayswantmore

I have owned the Sig 30 in every config, from the first Sig 30 to the current LFP-V version and in both integrated and straight power amp configs. I'm now running the Sig 15. What speakers are you using? I have a fairly recent thread on the Sig 15 in the RWA Circle (I got the first Sig 15 ever shipped). The professional reviews are not out yet, but if they are anything less than stellar they will need to have their ears examined. The Sig 15 is ultra transparent. Best way to say it is this amp sounds very, very lifelike. 

Hi everyone,

I am interested in getting either the Signature 30.2 or the new Signature 15.

Has anyone managed to do an A/B comparison yet?

BTW, Merry X'mas to everyone.  :D

Cheers!