Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.

Pez

Re: Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.
« Reply #40 on: 16 Oct 2010, 06:06 pm »
I agree with Laura, but I'm going to go a step further and say simply that the Atmaspheres are a bad match for the Ulysses period. I heard the other Ulysses/Atmaspehere room just now and was thoroughly unimpressed. The Daedalus room with just Modright amps is vastily superior, and this is coming from a tube guy. Simply put the Daedalus room went from mediocre to best in show with the Modwrights.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: 16 Oct 2010, 06:10 pm »
Wonder why the Atma-Sphere wouldn't mate well.   :scratch:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: 16 Oct 2010, 06:20 pm »
Simply put the Daedalus room went from mediocre to best in show with the Modwrights.

Better then the GR Super V's huh?

Berto

« Reply #43 on: 16 Oct 2010, 06:52 pm »
I have a feeling the other room w/Ulysses atma combo didnt have Lou's new bass modules. Not exactly a fair fight. Wish I could hear them :drool:

jhm731

« Reply #44 on: 16 Oct 2010, 06:59 pm »
According to the Stereophile RMAF blog, the Magico room is very impressive.

I know you folks like to support Lou, Danny and other AC manufacturers, but I'm interested in how they stack up to the Q5s in Tower 9022 and the GMA Calypso HDs in Room 1130.

Pez

« Reply #45 on: 16 Oct 2010, 07:30 pm »
I have a feeling the other room w/Ulysses atma combo didnt have Lou's new bass modules. Not exactly a fair fight. Wish I could hear them :drool:

Yes it had the bass modules.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #46 on: 16 Oct 2010, 07:50 pm »
Thanks so much for taking time away from auditioning to post!

Someone, if possible, please report on the sound in the Vivid Audio speaker room.  Preferred models are the V1.5 (integrated stand) and V1s (stand required).  I know they are on display but do not know the location...I think it's a retailer's room.         

Pez

« Reply #47 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:20 pm »
Dodd meter bouncing away in the GR research room!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21257840@N02/5086837635/

Skiman

« Reply #48 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:25 pm »
Simply put the Daedalus room went from mediocre to best in show with the Modwrights.

Did you listen to the GR Research super Vs in room 2024? Describing the Daedalus room as 'best in show' implies you heard every single room there.  :nono:

Pez

« Reply #49 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:31 pm »
Yes I did.

And btw when I say "best in show" I mean among the best, and I would say that the GR stuff is right up there as well.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:34 pm »
Yes I did.

:thumb:

So how did they (Daedalus) compare to your memory of the GedLee speakers when you heard them?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:38 pm »
Anyone happen to see who Clayton Audio was with?

mp9

« Reply #52 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:40 pm »
Hey, if anyone makes it into the Madisound room could you please post pix and info of the two new SEAS drivers of which according to SEAS; "We will solve the mystery of the breathtaking sound experience."

Thanks for all of the reports, and have a great time at the show!

Pez

« Reply #53 on: 16 Oct 2010, 08:53 pm »
According to the Stereophile RMAF blog, the Magico room is very impressive.

I know you folks like to support Lou, Danny and other AC manufacturers, but I'm interested in how they stack up to the Q5s in Tower 9022 and the GMA Calypso HDs in Room 1130.

Tyson and I were at the magico room and it sounded very nice indeed, but IMO it wasn't anything to write home about. They have a very Ultra Orthodox hi end speaker sound that tends to do many things right, but nothing memorable. I will say as a caveat I am not much of a solid state amp guy and this system is very much a solid state house sound.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #54 on: 16 Oct 2010, 09:29 pm »
Tyson and I were at the magico room and it sounded very nice indeed, but IMO it wasn't anything to write home about. They have a very Ultra Orthodox hi end speaker sound that tends to do many things right, but nothing memorable. I will say as a caveat I am not much of a solid state amp guy and this system is very much a solid state house sound.
Pez
Very well expressed.  Exactly my impression of the Magico sound as heard at CES.  For instance, the sound of the $2500/pr MSRP stand-mount Sonics by Joachim Gerhardt Anima was much preferred vs. the estimate $30k/pr Magico. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #55 on: 16 Oct 2010, 11:23 pm »
Anyone checked the Anthony Gallo Acoustics room? If so, what are they showing?

Cacophonix

« Reply #56 on: 16 Oct 2010, 11:35 pm »
In the Selah audio room right now listening to some very interesting stuff great overall sound and very nice given that they are not the big giant speakers like every other room.

Can you please repost this pic ... ?

mr_bill

« Reply #57 on: 16 Oct 2010, 11:43 pm »
If someone could let me know what model Sony speakers are playing in the Ed Meitner room?

Looks like a multi channel system.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #58 on: 17 Oct 2010, 12:18 am »
Anthony Gallo has se ne small conventional style floorstanding speakers he is debuting in his room. Talk to him a bit last night. Real nice guy

we have a pair of Clayton Audio M300 monos in the Purity Audio Design room

vinyl_lady

« Reply #59 on: 17 Oct 2010, 12:33 am »
After listening to the Calypsos on Thursday evening, Thom drove home to Erie and brought his Ulysses back and replaced the Calypsos with his Daedalus Ulysses (without the all poly crossover upgrade).