Got a BUNCH of new drivers coming. Good times!

sts9fan

Got a BUNCH of new drivers coming. Good times!
« on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:34 pm »
Got a whole bunch of new drivers to play with.  I decided to do a flight of single driver speakers to increase my (nonexistent ) box building skills.  I finished a real halfassed pair of Pensil70 with the Mark Audio CHR70 drivers.  I have finished cabs for Solo103 soeakers I just need drivers.  The other drivers I have coming are:
Mark Audio Alpair10  will use in Pensil10
Fostex 127e  will use in some Fonken box
Fostex 126e  might do a frugal horn but this is low on the list
Mark Audio Alpair6 will be used in a Woden Designs box.  This HOPEFULLY will be the best built and "ready for primetime"

chrisby

Re: Got a BUNCH of new drivers coming. Good times!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2010, 03:57 am »
looks like you'll be a busy boy this fall - have fun deciding on a single "daily driver"

FE127E - I guess you know which F'en enclosure I'd suggest, but for the FE126E, you might want to contact Scott at Woden - he may still be looking for Beta testers for the Maeshowe.

While this was originally intended for the Mark Audio CHR & EL70 and Alpair 7,  it also works really well with FE126E(with or without polka-dots)

While the latest version of FH  is a silly easy build (and can also use any of the above MA drivers as well - if you're not concerned about rebating for flush mounting, all 4 will fit the same cutout),  the Maeshowe is an entirely higher level of resolution and detail.

sts9fan

Re: Got a BUNCH of new drivers coming. Good times!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2010, 12:20 pm »
I am beta testing the Dunideer for the A6.  I just need to get some chops before the build.  I want to do it justice.