Hi Guys for those who dont know me

Mr Content

Hi Guys for those who dont know me
« on: 28 Jan 2010, 02:38 am »
Hi Guys, well I am the new Facilitator in this circle. I want to thank Jim for getting the circle back on the board, and now we need to move the circle forward.

I have been a single driver guy for several years now. No before some of you jump on me and say....." hey but you use a sub" .....Well thats just the way it is. I would use a sub with any speaker I was using, not just because I use a single driver. No need to discuss it further, except if you would like more info about my way of thinking on this, or how I arrived at where I am.

I have posted a few pics of my speakers, because most of may have never seen them. Enjoy, and lets get this circle humming  :thumb:

Mr C :D

doorman

Re: Hi Guys for those who dont know me
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2010, 02:54 am »
Hey Nigel: Best of luck in your new role!
Best, Don

Mr Content

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2010, 03:15 am »
Thanks Don, Hey long time no talk, I suppose I will meet a few of the old guys here (old as in guys I knew from way back) :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2010, 05:50 am »
Hey!

As a fellow Single Driver user, since 2002 and believe it or not I'm still with the those same SD speakers. It is nice to see this circle around. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

honesthoff

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2010, 06:06 am »
Nigel,
Good on ya' for stepping up.  I'm not a single driver type (as of now), but I follow the thread with fervor and wish you the best of luck.

Mr Content

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2010, 06:19 am »
Thanks guys, Hey SetMan what are your SD speakers please :drool:

ejfud

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2010, 12:17 am »
Appreciate you giving of your time to keep this going Mr C. I'm not a big poster, but read everyday. Love my single driver speakers as well.

Cheerwino

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2010, 12:48 am »
Welcome!  :beer:

I'm gonna try to start hanging out round these parts a little more.  :thumb:

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2010, 01:01 am »
Thanks for taking over the Circle Nigel. If you hadn't stepped up, you have no idea how close I was to taking the position just to keep the Circle open.

Though I'm an infrequent poster, I read the Circle quite a bit just to keep up with what everybody is doing....and yes, I do single drivers just like you do, crossed with an active sub below  :green:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2010, 01:15 am »
Cool... thanks for volunteering.

I too have single drivers and a subwoofer. I haven't heard a single driver yet that couldn't use one. Lotus Audio finally caved and introduced a Feastrex OB speker with 2 15" subwoofers at RMAF this year. It sounded an order of magnitude better than the complicated and expensive horn cabinets they were building.  :green:

Mr Content

« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2010, 01:20 am »
Thanks guys, if only others knew what we knew :green:  :thumb:

Hey Scott very elegant, did you use glass or perpex (or something like it).

What is your take on baffle mass? I have been making mine with more mass these days.

Nig :D

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2010, 04:07 am »
I used 3/4" plexiglass. Since I am only driving mine down to 150Hz, I don't see mass as being as  great an issue. If I were doing an OB woofer, I would be more worried about it.

Mr Content

« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2010, 04:54 am »
I see what you saying, are you using active xover to the main panels? 24bd would make the driver hardly working at 75hz.
 Nig :thumb:

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2010, 05:25 am »
Nigel,

Thanx for picking up the torch.... we need to keep spreading the faith :)

dave

Mr Content

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2010, 06:18 am »
Hi Dave, yes I agree. . Thanks. Hoping to improve the traffic here. Anything you can do would be great  :thumb:

Nig :D

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2010, 10:06 pm »
Hey Nigel,

I couldn't mistake those OB's, still some of the nicest I've ever seen.  Thanks for assuming the Moderator role.  Someone's got to do it, nice that it's someone I know.

Gotta try some B200's one day.  It's on my list.  I use some small diy's 127e's right now, and my room has limitations.

Thanks, and see you around the forum.

- Roy