NIRVANA drivers with price reduction 20% off

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
NIRVANA drivers with price reduction 20% off
« on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:30 am »
There was a unexpected 20% price reduction in the Nirvana drivers. aa   Now the SUPER15CF cost just $318 per pair and the SUPER12CF $198/pair.
Sounds like something will happen!!  :scratch:  New model release?? 
If someone bought this 15 inches driver, please inform us me about the sound quality?

Mariusz

Re: NIRVANA drivers with price reduction 20% off
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:56 am »
There was a unexpected 20% price reduction in the Nirvana drivers. aa   Now the SUPER15CF cost just $318 per pair and the SUPER12CF $198/pair.
Sounds like something will happen!!  :scratch:  New model release?? 
If someone bought this 15 inches driver, please inform us me about the sound quality?

I have super 15, 8 hemp and 6.5 drivers.
15 incher is my favorite tho.

Mariusz :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:17 am »
Dear  Mariusz,
Could you please, inform me something more about the Super15CF sound quality as OpenBaffle??  :thumb:
How is the bass?  It is low SPL Bass?  The treble is hard, hi SPL?  etc...
Thankyou,  Gustavo

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:45 am »
Dear  Mariusz,
Could you please, inform me something more about the Super15CF sound quality as OpenBaffle??  :thumb:
How is the bass?  It is low SPL Bass?  The treble is hard, hi SPL?  etc...
Thankyou,  Gustavo

In fact I am running it in OB for break-in purposes.(about 500h by now)
I usually burn-in drivers (and other components/cables) without any initial evaluation.
With that in mind, I can say that (in my smallish room and placement) bass is full and quite satisfactory. However, I can see who the use of quality subwoofer (GR OB sub comes to mind) might be required for those looking at the lowest bass extension...... say below 50-65Hz. I really did not have time to measure its lower extension tho. What I can say is that it is really something else to hear vocals, bass guitar, piano or other string instrument through 15" drivers. It must be heard.
I am sure that you are aware of its 15KHz or so limitation but I for one do not think of it as a huge disadvantage. Middle range is beautiful and its soundstage is great in OB setup.
Again, the last time I have heard them was about a week ago and they are playing non-stop 24h a day. I'll check on them tomorrow and see/hear what changed.
They are also relatively easy to drive.

Mariusz :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2009, 02:08 am »
Thanks Mariusz for yours impressions!! :thumb:  I think if the soundstage, mid and hi's are beautiful this FR may do not have big problems then,  since a attenuation already expected below 60hz.
Iam just afraid it could have a strong, hard ''pro sound'' like DJ/PA speakers??
So, lets wait to see what happen with the CommonSense site.
Thanks,  Gustavo  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2009, 02:25 am »
Find this two new image on the   http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-bsn/10001597/  Site from the Super15CF and the Super18Alnico

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2009, 02:31 am »
NIRVANA SUPER8 ALNICO,   nice images, congratulations to the Rakuten Site for the good work.