New Facilitator for the Single Driver circle

jrebman

New Facilitator for the Single Driver circle
« on: 19 Jan 2009, 06:31 pm »
Folks, welcome Brad as your new facilitator.  I'm sure he'll get around to saying hello and checking in.

I'm leaving as facilitator as soon as the admins make the necessary changes.

I'm sure some will cheer, while others will wonder why.  The honest truth is that I just need to pull back from online audio forums for a while and put things back in proper perspective in my life.  There is no other reason other than personal choice involved here, it is not a form of protest of anything that has happened, any one person or group of people, just something I need to do.

I am back to two single driver systems in my house and the music has never been so enjoyable.  The gear is set, and there will be one more amplifier change this year for the system upstairs, and then other projects as I feel I want to see them through), but I'm off the gear-go-round.

I've learned a lot from this group, and spent a lot of money because of it too (on good things like f120A speakers, Carina amp, and more) and I will still be posting here and on AC (as well as a few other places), but just not as frequently.

Thanks for making this circle a success.

-- Jim

rjbond3rd

Re: New Facilitator for the Single Driver circle
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2009, 08:45 pm »
Hi Jim, I am sure you are looking forward to a little free time for listening and building.  Good luck and see you around, sir.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2009, 08:51 pm »
Jim, glad to hear you're happy with your systems... I too have shelved any plans to change things after building the SET and buying Omega speakers. The only thing I will do is upgrade to one of the new alnico driver Omegas, then call it quits unless I win the lottery, because thats what it'll take to make things any better, IMO. I still look forward to coming by and hearing your systems after I get back from Denmark. Good Luck!

Brad

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2009, 09:36 pm »
Thanks Jim,

Sorry to see you spend less time here on AC - I have always enjoyed reading your posts.
 :thumb:

To the Single Driver group:

I hope to continue the excellent job Jim was doing here.  I really would prefer to just stand in for him for a few months, as I'm already a co-facilitator in the OB circle.   I greatly enjoy the single driver sound, having owned Omegas, Hornshoppe Horns, and I used the B200s to get into OB.

If you have any issues in the circle, feel free to PM me.  I will respond promptly.
Cheers!

floobydust

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2009, 09:39 pm »
 Hi Jim,

Well understood.... sometimes you need some change of focus. I'll be doing the same later this year.... i.e., less forum time and more building time (being back home... yay). Enjoy your new audio bits and pieces, that was the main goal anyway!

Cheers, Kevin

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2009, 05:08 am »
Hey!

Congratulation Brad. Look like you will be a busy man around here :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

jrebman

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2009, 04:48 pm »
Thanks for the good wishes folks.  I'm sure I'll be back at some point, just need to take a bit of a breather from the online world.

And Dave, you're always welcome to come over.

Thanks folks,

Jim