SACD?

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: SACD?
« Reply #20 on: 7 Sep 2010, 02:55 am »

the Oppo is affordable, however I'm not sure how good the SACD function is?
The Oppo SACD Multi-Channel music performance are great, video performance are great too, the Stereo SACD performance are only ''good''.
Good luck
Why do you say the 2 channel is only "good"?  Have you heard it in DSD (analog)?  Have you heard the SE version?  Are you aware that the DAC chips for 2 channel (using the dedicated stereo outputs, not the mch) are upgraded from the multichannel?  I mean, I agree that multichannel is very good, but would say most Oppo-ites feel the 2 channel SACD (esp DSD) is its sweetspot...especially the SE, Nuforce or Modwright versions.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: SACD?
« Reply #21 on: 7 Sep 2010, 04:30 am »
Why do you say the 2 channel is only "good"?  Have you heard it in DSD (analog)?  Have you heard the SE version?  Are you aware that the DAC chips for 2 channel (using the dedicated stereo outputs, not the mch) are upgraded from the multichannel?  I mean, I agree that multichannel is very good, but would say most Oppo-ites feel the 2 channel SACD (esp DSD) is its sweetspot...especially the SE, Nuforce or Modwright versions.
Good to know the Oppo have great Stereo sound, as Iam a Stereo lover.  I read in other forum the MCH performance is better than the Stereo, maybe they are biased as these members are MCH fans and reject Stereo.
Regards

>Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets they live only two years average.

« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2010, 07:04 am by FULLRANGEMAN »