NX-Otica Build

EricB

NX-Otica Build
« on: 23 Feb 2023, 01:44 am »
Building my NX-Otica's full speed ahead after a delayed start.

Crossover boards with holes drilled. I used some 1/2" birch ply-wood and some poplar, leftovers from a previous project

Fits nice in the base.

Here is how I'm going to lay out the components.

Eric

EricB

Re: NX-Otica Build
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2023, 05:27 am »
This image shows the top brace clamped to the front baffle through the driver hole which keeps it nice and square and from slipping back. The picture is taken from the back of the speaker which is laying sideways.

I glued only the front baffle, the top and bottom braces and one side in the first glue-up. I kept the middle brace and the base off to make it easier to paint. It was easier to do the glue-up while the speaker was laying on its side. This is what it looked like with the first four pieces.

Adding the second side was easy after the glue dried for an hour.

Eric

EricB

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2023, 05:11 pm »
I painted the board and soldered all the connections. I was concerned about soldering to the foil inductors but it was much easier than I thought it would be.

Vince in TX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2023, 01:59 am »
Looking good.

:popcorn:

Rock Ball

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2023, 03:21 pm »
Great job on this post.

I like the way you assembled the flat pack in stages.  Trying to glue every piece in the same step on my NX-Tremes was very difficult for me.  It would have been easier to have done it in stages like this.

Your crossover layout and mounting board are very clever, neat and organized.  I'd like to see more detailed pictures of the wiring if you have them. 

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2023, 03:36 pm »
Holy clamps Man!!

Great stuff,

Don