NX Studio With 8" Woofer?

tubav

NX Studio With 8" Woofer?
« on: 13 Sep 2022, 08:01 pm »
Just wondering if an 8" woofer version of the NX Studio is possible? Would the wider baffle needed for the 8" mess with imaging? Thanks for any and all replies.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

Re: NX Studio With 8" Woofer?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2022, 08:54 pm »
Personally,
The NX Studio's as is, with 6 1/2" Driver is a world class speaker.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2022, 01:52 pm by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2022, 10:01 pm »
Just wondering if an 8" woofer version of the NX Studio is possible? Would the wider baffle needed for the 8" mess with imaging? Thanks for any and all replies.

We do have plans for an 8" version of the NX-Studio in the future, but you are correct that the wider baffle will affect the imaging some as well, but the waveguide, and the surrounding baffle edge, which will be cut differently to prevent the larger surface area from being a problem.

BrandonB

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2022, 11:31 pm »
Hobbs what will the bigger 8in driver accomplish that a 6.5in can't do?  I called and spoke to you briefly on the phone and have chatted with you on the  forum and I think I remember you saying that you plan on making a center channel with an 8 in also is this correct? 

bhassel

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2022, 04:09 pm »
Would the 8 inch woofer take the place of the M165NQ?

Bob

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2022, 04:12 pm »
Would the 8 inch woofer take the place of the M165NQ?

Bob
Yes, to your question

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2022, 08:54 pm »
Hobbs what will the bigger 8in driver accomplish that a 6.5in can't do?  I called and spoke to you briefly on the phone and have chatted with you on the  forum and I think I remember you saying that you plan on making a center channel with an 8 in also is this correct?

The main benefit will be a little lower bass extension. 60Hz vs 70Hz, but that project is on hold until we're all caught up on backorders and can maintain stock on product.
we do have plans for a Studio center channel, but it will be designed for the 6.5" woofers first, since we already stock the 16ohm drivers for the other NX-speakers.
An 8" version will likely be in the works down the road once we're ready to order a bunch of the 8" 16-ohm woofers.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2022, 02:44 am »
we do have plans for a Studio center channel, but it will be designed for the 6.5" woofers first, since we already stock the 16ohm drivers for the other NX-speakers.

This, is what I want :thumb: :popcorn: when the time comes.