Super V grills

skenderbeu

Super V grills
« on: 22 Oct 2012, 05:50 pm »
How long should I consider a reasonable wait for a pair of Super V grills from the  builder?

Your thoughts please

jparkhur

Re: Super V grills
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2012, 06:41 pm »
It depends on what your agreement was?   If it was left open?   Are you communicating with this person?  Let him know your concerns now.   Jp

skenderbeu

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2012, 07:26 pm »
It took more then a year to make the speakers . I was told months. Communication was/is marginal at best.  The whole thing has left a bitter taste .

rockdrummer

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2012, 07:49 pm »
In my opinion, that feels way too long.  I have been building my first crack at DIY speakers for my parents.  I finished a pair of AV 1 mini monitors.  I actually have the grills left to fix because the woofer frame is too high to let the grill rest against the baffle. 

I have been taking my time, failing some things and trying others, and even I think that is way too long.  If I really get out to the work bench and work on it, it gets done.  Shouldn't take that long.

Ben

Wait, are you my parents?   :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2012, 08:14 pm »
I think the builder should have provided them when the speakers were delivered.

skenderbeu

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2012, 09:43 pm »
I am not sure what to do at this point .

persisting1

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:31 pm »
Is this a local builder or someone you found on AC?

SteveRB

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm »
It took more then a year to make the speakers . I was told months. Communication was/is marginal at best.  The whole thing has left a bitter taste .

ouch, that is not professional at all. sounds like a fly-by-night operation.

i work with fabricators often; my guess is you won't hear from him again. I suggest finding someone else, or perhaps making your own...

skenderbeu

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2012, 07:50 pm »
The builder knows who he is.I will give him a few days to get back to me .

skenderbeu

« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2012, 01:47 pm »
One major reason that i need grills is that I have a one year old that gets everywhere. I guess the builder doesn't care although i made clear to him. People should keep this in mind for future reference .

Would anyone be able to build the grills ? At this point I have little faith on the builder and frankly i am fed up with hearing the same BS. Please let me know if some one can make this happen .

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2012, 01:57 pm »
People should keep this in mind for future reference .

How can we if we don't know who it is? :)

If someone else gets let down by the builder because you didn't name them, it will be partly your fault. That's how I feel anyway.

Also, there is no point in us suggesting anyone to you if it's the same guy.

Just in case it was not Elemental Designs, I will recommend them, they did mine. Took 3 times longer than they promised and they did make mistakes elsewhere in the kit, but the grills are fantastic and they came through in the end.

I take it back, after Googling them for the contact info, the first 5 hits were complaints... (Thanks to those people who did post their complaints or else we wouldn't know) So I can't recommend them either.

skenderbeu

« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2012, 05:06 pm »
Check out the so called art-deco Super V and let me know whether anyone can make the grills for them?

skenderbeu

« Reply #12 on: 28 Oct 2012, 03:59 pm »
I thought i would get more support on this issue here.

skenderbeu

« Reply #14 on: 28 Oct 2012, 04:55 pm »
yes they are the speakers. 

Whoever can help me with he build please PM me or respond here.  I am assuming Ruben has his hands full at the moment. 

ebag4

« Reply #15 on: 28 Oct 2012, 05:15 pm »
Assuming there are magnets embedded at the bottom, midway up (top of bottom driver), and at the curve below the bowtie, the grill should be able to built the same way most of us that have built the V1/SuperVs have installed grills.

This is where I installed magnets, they have held without issue although a few additional magnets wouldn't hurt anything:

Here are my grills:

Good luck,
Ed

skenderbeu

« Reply #16 on: 1 Nov 2012, 01:32 pm »
Should there be magnets?   Those grills look good. Thank you Ed i appreciate  your help.

I thought I would have gotten more help .

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #17 on: 1 Nov 2012, 01:48 pm »
Did you message the 3 guys I posted?

Use a small magnet or piece of metal and check to see if there are magnets set into your speakers. If so, it will be much easier to make grills fit.

Could you make grills yourself with guidance/instructions?

mojave

« Reply #18 on: 1 Nov 2012, 02:41 pm »
Just in case it was not Elemental Designs, I will recommend them, they did mine. Took 3 times longer than they promised and they did make mistakes elsewhere in the kit, but the grills are fantastic and they came through in the end.

I take it back, after Googling them for the contact info, the first 5 hits were complaints... (Thanks to those people who did post their complaints or else we wouldn't know) So I can't recommend them either.
Elemental Designs actually went out of business in August and left customers that had prepaid with no product or refund.