HALO is out for the PC

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
HALO is out for the PC
« on: 8 Oct 2003, 02:06 am »
I saw something about this on the web but did not have time to read it. Today at work someone said they saw it in BB. $50. This is the same version as the XBox?

bob82274

HALO is out for the PC
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2003, 01:20 pm »
Its close to it.... the had to make some minor changes to it so that it both differed and remained the same.  One of the things that they had to do was get rid of the small amount of auto-aim that was on the x-box version because a mouse and keyboard is so much more efficient at killing the Flood and such.  This way its as difficult on legendary as it was on the box.  Graphics are improved from a resolution stand point but not so much so from textures.  It is a Direct X 9 game.  As of right now there is no Co-op mode but there are more weapons and vehicles in multiplayer.  Plus you can jump online right away.  I'm sure there are some more differences that I am missing.  Oh they are doing there best so that there is a modding community.

I didn't have any intentions of buying it but the fact that there arn't any FPS coming out soon I may consider it.  Doom 3 and Halo 2 havn't been schedualed to come out till '04 for a while now.  Plus those damn hackers stole Half-Life 2's code which now has delayed until April '04 just so that they can rewrite the code.  It was supposed to come out this holiday season.  Good news is I won't have to replace my GPU anytime soon

jqp

• Volunteer
HALO is out for the PC
« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2003, 04:37 pm »
So a real incentive to getting the PC version is that you can play multiplayer on the internet as opposed to needing a local lan?

TheeeChosenOne

HALO is out for the PC
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2003, 05:51 pm »
Isn't Halo Xbox version also online now?  Based on my info, it is.

I've read the PC version is buggy.  Many are saying the port isn't as good as the Xbox version.

LordCloud

HALO is out for the PC
« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2003, 06:56 pm »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
Isn't Halo Xbox version also online now?  Based on my info, it is.

I've read the PC version is buggy.  Many are saying the port isn't as good as the Xbox version.

The XBox version is playable online but no officially. You can downlod a program that will fool your XBox into thinking that system link is online. I have not tried it but I hear it is kind of laggy, but still fun as hell.

jqp

• Volunteer
HALO is out for the PC
« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2003, 08:47 pm »
yeah those gamespy things seem to be laggy - I think that a game needs some kind of good synching process if the players are not right next to each other...