Your top 10 Video Games of all time

PhilNYC

« Reply #40 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:56 pm »
Oh...and not to toot my own horn, but here's a brief description of the game I worked on (called "PO'ed", released on 3DO and Sony Playstation 1) listed under "The Good":

http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/3do/about/ss01a.html

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #41 on: 18 Apr 2006, 11:58 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC
On the contrary, I loved Descent!  My snobbery comes from the fact that I was a Macintosh guy and thought it was much better than the PC version... :lol:

(fwiw, I also worked in the video game industry for 3 years, producing one game in the 3D shooter genre.  Descent was graphically one of the most advanced games out there and a heck of a lot of fun!)...

Hey Phil, it's worth a lot. It makes you a legit snob! :wink:

Sorry, never had a Mac so I can only comment from my ignorance but I am pretty sure that they did have a PS1 version of Descent. I think one of my friends had it.

What current games would you reccommend to a Descent fan?

Bemopti123

« Reply #42 on: 19 Apr 2006, 12:16 am »
Hey Phil, do you still play any games, because your list has a retro flavah to it...makes me wonder where are all the games in your place?

I have to stop doing my DIABLO and STARCRAFT from my child or else he might forever lose his soul on these games. :mrgreen:

Welcome to another Mac man....I did remember seeing your IMAC at  the rave in your place.

PhilNYC

« Reply #43 on: 19 Apr 2006, 01:39 am »
tull skull...unfortunately, as I've gotten older with more responsibilities and such, I've had a lot less time to play video games...particularly ones that take a long time to complete.  So unfortunately I don't have any current recommendations... :oops:

Bemo...my list is retro, because I tend to like to recognize the innovators, and those were really the most innovative in terms of arcade games.  Per my comments to tull skull, my gaming these days mostly consists of playing Madden or NBA 2k6 on my Playstation2, allowing me to combine my love for  video games with my love for pro football and basketball.  The other games that I've enjoyed at home in years past have been Resident Evil 2, Bushido Blade, Tekken2, SSX3, Metal Gear Solid, and a few others...