Feedback from the New York Audio Show - November 2019

Triode Pete

Even though it was a small show, our room, with fellow AC Sponsor Vinnie Rossi, was PACKED the entire time!

Here's some feedback from Part Time Audiophile's (& former 6Moons reviewer), Steve Marsh... https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/11/16/vinnie-rossi-well-pleased-audio-vida-triode-wire-labs-new-york-2019/

Vinnie Rossi, Well-Pleased Audio Vida, Triode Wire Labs | New York 2019

Moving to the top floor of the show, a number of the rooms were still not open for the early press opening time of 11:00 am.  Vinnie Rossi was open for business and had a somewhat larger room than what seemed to be the standard size.  He was using it to great benefit featuring his L2 “Signature Edition” integrated amplifier ($18,995) with the highly-regarded Takatsuki 300B tubes in the line stage and 100 wpc into 8 ohms from the class AB mosfet output stage.  This was powering the latest 2-way, floorstanding QLN Prestige Three SE loudspeakers ($12,000/pr.), made in Sweden and supplied by Mark Sossa of Well-Pleased Audio Vida.  Mark also supplied the Innuous Statement Music Server ($13,750 with 1TB SSD storage) with outboard power supply, as well as an interesting new product, the GigaWatt PC-4 EVO+ flagship power conditioner ($10,000).

The Innuos server/streamer was delivering a Qobuz stream to Vinnie’s onboard L2 DAC module ($3,495), which is capable of decoding PCM up to 32-bit/768kHz and DSD up to DSD512.  Pete Grzybowski, of Triode Wire Labs, supplied the cables as in many of Vinnie’s past showsTo partner these relatively affordable cables with such lofty equipment is quite a testament to their value.  Vinnie used to live about half an hour from me when he started out his business in Durham, CT.  He knows that I like Roseanne Cash, so it was quite a coincidence that he was playing her when I arrived in his room.  Sitting in the sweet spot, I was immediately drawn into a truly spacious soundstage that was almost unprecedented for such a modestly-sized showroomDepth, air and image location were laid out in spades!  Vinnie played two artists who were new to me; Cody High and Sarah Bareilles, both of which turned up on playlists in other rooms.  I was also able to select some tracks that I knew well, such as a couple from Wilco, and was very favorably impressed with the system’s dynamics, as well as its resolution and nuance.

https://i2.wp.com/parttimeaudiophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/New-York-2019-VinnieRossic.jpg?resize=768%2C1252&ssl=1

Thanks, Steve!

Cheers,
Pete

dflee

Re: Feedback from the New York Audio Show - November 2019
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2019, 01:30 am »
Only thing I could remotely afford in that room is the TWL equipment (which I have IC, SC and some PC).
So glad Pete stays true to his word as far as being sanely priced. I love the equipment I have and will never
be able to thank Mr. Grzybowski enough for his product.
Only question I got is have you ever played the Edgar Meyer at a show Pete?

Don

Triode Pete

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2019, 03:05 pm »
Only thing I could remotely afford in that room is the TWL equipment (which I have IC, SC and some PC).
So glad Pete stays true to his word as far as being sanely priced. I love the equipment I have and will never
be able to thank Mr. Grzybowski enough for his product.
Only question I got is have you ever played the Edgar Meyer at a show Pete?

Don

Hey Don,
Thanks for your kind comments!

At Capital AudioFest, I was "manning" Room 516, since my personal Innuos music server was being used as the source... So, I played a bit of "Skip, Hop & Wobble" (thanks, Don!), "Appalachia Waltz", "Short Trip Home", "Uncommon Ritual", "Unfolding", "Bach: Unaccompanied Cello Suites Performed On Double Bass", "Work In Progress", and "Meyer/Rorem: String Quintet, String Quartet (Meyer/Emerson)"...

Is that enough of Edgar Meyer???  :lol:

Cheers,
Pete

Lifer

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2019, 10:04 pm »
I found this room to be best of show.  The depth of the soundstage and the clarity of the imagery was outstanding.  Peter, you and I interacted in this room as well as a few others, you impressed me as a friendly and knowledgable person.  And clearly your products did nothing to harm the great sound in this room.

Triode Pete

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2019, 12:29 pm »
I found this room to be best of show.  The depth of the soundstage and the clarity of the imagery was outstanding.  Peter, you and I interacted in this room as well as a few others, you impressed me as a friendly and knowledgable person.  And clearly your products did nothing to harm the great sound in this room.

Thanks, Lifer! It was a pleasure to meet you and many others at the NYAS! I'm glad you enjoyed our room and thank you for your kind observations on the sound quality of our room!!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2019, 02:59 pm »
Wow, BEST OF SHOW, from Part Time Audiophile's Steve Marsh!

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/11/24/best-of-show-new-york-2019/

Best of Show | New York 2019

With rush hour approaching, we decided to skip a few rooms and head back to Grand Central to catch the Metro North train back home.  Walking down Madison Avenue, we were mobbed with the exodus of people getting out of work and pouring onto the streets.  It was a beautiful evening and I stepped aside for a moment to capture a skyline photo for the masthead of this report.

It is considered de rigueur to select a Best of Show exhibitor, as well as other categories of recognition, and I have always done so.  Interestingly, soon after signing up for my Press Pass, I had an exchange of emails with Roy Bird, the founder of the show sponsor, Chester Group.

He feels that selection of a Best of Show award can have a negative influence on potential exhibitors who might shy away from attending, knowing that their wares were designed to compete at a more affordable, yet perhaps not state of the art, level.  The flip side to Roy Bird’s point is that exhibitors who work so hard to get good sound in their rooms should be rewarded.  That is my position and it was an easy pick this time.

Best of Show:   Vinnie Rossi / Well-Pleased Audio / Triode Wire Labs – hands-down winner and agreed upon by many with whom I spoke

Thanks, Steve!!!

Cheers,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2019, 04:10 pm »
  Well two for two. CAF and NY oh my !!!

charles

Triode Pete

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2020, 03:23 pm »
Just noticed this Video Review of our room by AV Showrooms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI0HStf32g

Sounds pretty good!

Thanks Peter & Terry!