studio monitor/PA speaker ideal electronic music setup

elves1111

i play experimental acid jazz with priority towards 100% analog synthesizers/ drum machines plus drums/guitar/bass etc.. so nothing digital at the core.  so i am looking for a good sound system that can handle enormous agressive squelching enamored vibrations,lush crescendoes refrain madness, elaborate syncopations, breath takin well past rhythms participators were anticipating...  with a twist.   sorry to get carried away.. 
  anyway,    i'm thinking about   maybe a pair of ADAM audio A7's  with a pair of Maelstrom-x subs would be good.    but how do you think that would compare with a good line array, like one from selah audio?  or do you think a pair of the Maelstrom-x's would go good with a mid grade PA ike RCF ART-322's or FBT MAXX-4A's?  I didn't know where else to ask, and i am going stir crazy!!!   Its times like these that i end up making some rash decision and anxiously buy something to regret getting later that week or so, because i find a better option!!   !!! if anyone has any info or advice please do't hesitate to help a brother get some good vibrations sourcing thru my house,, and the neighbors too!....

Kevin Haskins

• http://www.diycable.com
Re: studio monitor/PA speaker ideal electronic music setup
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:31 pm »
I don't know anything about the ADAMs but they are a different beast from a line array.    It is apples/oranges.   

I am working on an active version of the Kepler, with the DXT tweeter from Seas.   That and the Maelstroms has a tremendous amount of headroom, especially down low and would be suitable for home audio type rooms.    If you want to play in something bigger than 28 x 50 I'd look for a prosound monitor that is horn loaded & uses compression drivers to get the extra headroom and SPL levels.   That or I have a floor standing version of the Kepler, with a pair of EX-6.5s that gives even more headroom.   A pair of Maelstroms should keep up fine in about any sized room that you will find in a house.