Updated Shiva Parameters

Kevin Haskins

Updated Shiva Parameters
« on: 3 Oct 2008, 12:09 am »
I have a new production run of Shiva-X drivers and we tightened up a couple things in the build and I have some new parameters.   These are not drastically different than before but it helps a little with the resonant builds.   The driver is a little bit better in ported alignments than the first generation product.   The lower moving mass also picked up some sensitivity.   

All the box sizes and alignments stay the same.   

*  Fs: 19.6 Hz
    * Le: 0.90mH
    * Re: 3.6 Ohms (Voice Coils wired in parallel)
    * Qms: 2.60
    * Qes: .46
    * Qts: 0.39
    * Mms: 140g
    * Cms: 0.47 mm/N
    * Vas: 169L
    * Sd: 506 cm^2
    * Vd: 2.65L
    * BL: 11.66
    * X-max: 27mm
    * Pmax: 600W
    * SPL: 86.3 db/1W/1M, 89.1 dB @ 2.83Vrms

Christof

Re: Updated Shiva Parameters
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2008, 09:20 pm »
For anyone upgrading to the new Shiva-x, assuming all goes well, F-100 has a 3/8" thick plexiglass template that I made for him to use with a router and a flush trim bit to slightly enlarge the existing hole in his sub enclosure, going from Shiva to Shiva-X size.   Drop him a PM and he will probably loan it out.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 4 Oct 2008, 01:56 am »
I also have some new Passive Radiator designs with our new PR-15s that I'll release next week.   That and some complete packages with everything needed minus the wood to complete a kick-butt subwoofer. 

1000W Rackmount Subwoofer Amp, Shiva-X, x2 PR-15 Passive Radiators =  Small but incredibly powerful subwoofer package.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2008, 06:51 pm »
Here is the updated Application Notes for the Shiva-X.   This includes two Passive Radiator Designs with the new PR-15".

http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/shiva.pdf

I'm working on some cabinet drawings for all of these simulations.   I should have that together within the next day or so and then I'll have some complete packages with amplifier, Shiva-X, ports or Passive Radiators so you have everything needed to complete the design. 

This documentation will have complete cut-sheets so you pretty much just follow the drawing and are guaranteed great results.   I've tried to make it as straight forward as possible for the beginner subwoofer builders.

scyan

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2009, 03:26 am »
I have a question for you Kevin, sorry to bring this back form the dead.  But to get the enclosure plans, we need to buy shiva-x speaker or we can get them from you no matter what ?

Thanks !

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2009, 05:04 pm »
Nah... just email me and I'll send you the Google Sketch-up file.    I don't have any information under lock and key.    It is free to anyone who needs it.