Virtue audio sensation m451 upgrades

Bluzcat

Virtue audio sensation m451 upgrades
« on: 2 Jul 2018, 06:23 am »
Hi there,
I am a new member and I have joined since I have been an audiophile for a long time and enjoy our hobby as well as all the fine hardware that is available for enjoying the music.
Also, I am hoping for some help in suggesting places for upgrades to my Virtue Audio Sensation M451.
I know that Mr. Dodd has passed away so need advice on other companies or individuals who would be able to offer upgrades for Virtue Audio M451.
Thanks
Alex

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Virtue audio sensation m451 upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2018, 08:50 pm »
Welcome Alex :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2018, 09:40 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC  Alex   :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:09 am »
Welcome Alex.  Since you mentioned Gary Dodd, I assume your unit has the Dodd buffer.  An easy upgrade is to do a bit of tube rolling.  There's a world of different sounds with all the tube options.  I like Valvo 7dj8's with D getters.  What tube are you currently using?

Scott

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:20 am »
Welcome!

Bluzcat

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2018, 06:49 am »
Welcome Alex.  Since you mentioned Gary Dodd, I assume your unit has the Dodd buffer.  An easy upgrade is to do a bit of tube rolling.  There's a world of different sounds with all the tube options.  I like Valvo 7dj8's with D getters.  What tube are you currently using?

Scott

Hi Scott,
Unfortunately my unit doesn't have the Dodd bufer and I would like to find someone who could upgrade my unit with the buffer or some other way so therefore asking for names of people/companies that will do mods on Virtue Audio products.
Thanks
Alex

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2018, 02:53 pm »
Hi, l own two Sensations- one M451 this has upgraded caps ( Clarity Caps) and a Furutech aftermarket internal fuse ( and this believe it or not makes a small but worthwhile difference, l also own a M901 this has Russian PIO Caps..... both provide a very nice upgrade from the stock Virtue caps, what PSU do you have, each Virtue PSU presents a different voice..... do some research and enjoy.