The Fabulous Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cable

Big Red Machine

Re: The Fabulous Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cable
« Reply #40 on: 21 Nov 2020, 08:04 pm »
 :bowdown:

twitch54

« Reply #41 on: 21 Nov 2020, 08:56 pm »
So here are my cable lifters that go between my Pass Labs INT-250 and my GoldenEar Triton Reference speakers. I had a local glass artist make them and each one is as much an art piece as functional. Please forgive the wire clutter as I am in the process of upgrading some components.

very 'purdy' !   :D

eichlerera1

« Reply #42 on: 25 Nov 2020, 04:33 am »
A tweak that improved the sound:The Enacom Noise Filter (speaker type).
Placed across the speaker terminals (across the tweeter terminals if you bi-wire), I heard an improvement in the critical Upper Midrange/ Lower Treble response.
Sweeter, but with added clarity.
Note: Do not attach this device between the Fidelium and the speaker post. This defeats the purpose of the cable's novel direct interconnect topology.
With my Edison Price terminal posts, I was able to jam the two Enacom leads into it's open top, thus avoiding contacting the Fidelium itself.
If you don't have this capability, I would recommend not doing it.
The Enacoms are pretty cheap on EBAY and as such are worth a shot.

DavidKesner

« Reply #43 on: 25 Nov 2020, 02:14 pm »
Not sure how you are connecting. Can you share an image?

eichlerera1

« Reply #44 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:44 pm »
Not sure how you are connecting. Can you share an image?

For instance, some speaker terminals have the option of a lug connection and a banana jack connection.
Connect the Fidelium to the lug connection and the Enacom to the banana jack connection.

Mike B.

« Reply #45 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:49 pm »
Enacom and others are simple RF filters that typically use a cap and resistor across the plus and minus terminals. A inductor might also be part of the filter. Some SS amps have the filter on their speaker outputs also.

TomS

« Reply #46 on: 25 Nov 2020, 04:00 pm »
Enacom and others are simple RF filters that typically use a cap and resistor across the plus and minus terminals. A inductor might also be part of the filter. Some SS amps have the filter on their speaker outputs also.
Known as a Zobel network, sometimes on the amp sometimes on the speaker.

Good article explaining theory and practice https://audioxpress.com/article/voice-coil-lab-notes-improved-zobel-network

DavidKesner

« Reply #47 on: 30 Nov 2020, 08:02 pm »
Just got the rest of my custom made glass cable lifters installed. They work great for these cables.

eichlerera1

« Reply #48 on: 15 Dec 2020, 05:26 am »
It was noted recently how the Fidelium Cables sounded great on piano music.
My Hales Signature Twos were once described by Robert Harley as having the most accurate portrayal of piano he had ever heard.
Well these two coupled together along with the two Reference Recordings of Minoru Nojima (Liszt and Ravel) was nothing short of scary.....

This virtuoso only has about a half dozen recorded examples of his work.
These RR CDs are readily available on EBAY.
Scoop them up!

deludedaudiophile

« Reply #49 on: 19 Apr 2022, 03:37 pm »
Old thread, but perhaps A.J. Smith, I assume the designer, can comment on what I expect is a high DC resistance.  Nickel/Copper alloy I would expect, likely an offshore formulation of Constantan / Monel or similar. I would expect loop resistance around 1-1.2 ohms.