NX STUDIO BXI ACOUSTIC PANEL MOD

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: NX STUDIO ACOUSTIC PANEL MODIFICATION, FOR TOP RAMP
« Reply #20 on: 8 Aug 2022, 05:45 pm »
Where is the modification that was done?

I'm not sure why, but NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER appears to remove his own posts and photos in at least some threads...maybe all. Perhaps we see the information differently, but I assume that by me posting I'm adding to a group information base that can benefit folks now and into the future as well.

In this case an interesting modification that may well deserve some evaluation by Danny for his take.

Maybe you could enlighten us, NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER. I don't mean to poke around in your business, but I am curious.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 8 Aug 2022, 06:26 pm »
I saved the product to my cart on Amazon, for later cuz I'm willing to check it out and see what I think

You can find it here:
https://a.co/d/cf14CNA

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #22 on: 9 Aug 2022, 12:48 am »
I'm not sure why, but NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER appears to remove his own posts and photos in at least some threads...maybe all. Perhaps we see the information differently, but I assume that by me posting I'm adding to a group information base that can benefit folks now and into the future as well.

In this case an interesting modification that may well deserve some evaluation by Danny for his take.

Maybe you could enlighten us, NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER. I don't mean to poke around in your business, but I am curious.

Peter,
To answer your question,
 I suppose I'm overly cautious, when it comes to other people modifying their own speaker projects, based on my suggestions. I know what I like, but I don't want others to be let down. I do show photo's of my work from time to time, but never expect anyone to follow what I've done. My photo's are temporarily posted up, just to display my finished projects. I also don't want Danny to think, I'm infringing on his initial design. Therefore, I feel like I'm stepping on the designer's toes.
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2022, 01:14 pm by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

mick wolfe

« Reply #23 on: 9 Aug 2022, 05:51 pm »
I ran out of the thicker NoRez I'd gotten from Danny after completing the interior and ramp of the NX Monitors. I finished the sides of the ramp area and back of the baffle area around the tweeter with thick acoustic felt I had left from another project. This has yielded excellent results. This just might be an area where you can tune with various acoustic treatments to get the best result for your room and system. It's worked here anyway.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #24 on: 9 Aug 2022, 07:34 pm »
This just might be an area where you can tune with various acoustic treatments to get the best result for your room and system.

I completely agree. Season to taste situation.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #25 on: 10 Aug 2022, 04:41 pm »
Your on point Mick! :thumb:
I see the top area as a quasi-surrounded area where tweeter is mounted, therefore the backwave having multi-reflective solid area's exposed, the panels may be a solution???  Just me thinking out loud!  I like your observation, which is parellel, to my way of thinking. With various panel size experiementation. The good thing, it's not a expensive tweak.

I chose the 3/8" Inch thickness for starters. Then press fitting the panels temparary, until I approved of what I was hearing for my smaller room, which worked out successfully. Howerver, some rooms can be livelier than others, so can various thicknesses, be more effective than other? Perhaps subjectively.

Would thicker acoustic ramp panels be more effective with livelier rooms? Perhaps if they have less sound treatments installed on wall perameters.

Point being, a tweak I shared on here, hopefully with out offending Danny?  :duh: I should have asked him first out of respect first.
If Danny wishes to remove the thread I will not be offended. If Danny doesn't object, I will be more than happy to repost all the information and photo's regarding the modification.

I'm currently still experimenting with another tweak, but still testing out the waters!  :thumb:

mick wolfe

« Reply #26 on: 10 Aug 2022, 05:40 pm »
I'm guessing Danny's got bigger fish to fry. I see this as perhaps just a final tuning step for one's own individual tastes or room for that matter. Think of it as one of those old (or new in some cases) tweeter attenuation controls.

Early B.

« Reply #27 on: 10 Aug 2022, 05:56 pm »
Point being, a tweak I shared on here, hopefully with out offending Danny?  :duh: I should have asked him first out of respect first.
If Danny wishes to remove the thread I will not be offended. If Danny doesn't object, I will be more than happy to repost all the information and photo's regarding the modification.

You won't offend anyone. What you're doing is well within the spirit and intent of DIY, and sharing your results is part of the adventure. 

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #28 on: 10 Aug 2022, 07:39 pm »
I'm currently still experimenting with another tweak, but still testing out the waters!  :thumb:

I'm listening....... :popcorn:

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #29 on: 1 Sep 2022, 02:07 am »

( Of course I added the other two screws in the middle of the tweeter in the photo above)

If anyone wishes to learn more about these mod's, just message me, and I'll be glad to help. :popcorn:

Update, after long term listening since initial build, I like the BXI panels results better than the NoRez on the ramp.  :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2024, 02:09 am by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

bhassel

« Reply #30 on: 1 Sep 2022, 03:43 am »
Wow! Thank you!

Bob