HT sub ruminations.

aceinc

HT sub ruminations.
« on: 13 Feb 2023, 06:16 pm »
If there are any HT processor/receiver industry folks out there, here is an idea;

Allow the use of assignable channels to be used (auto correction, etc) as subwoofer channels.

Many sound processors have the ability to assign unused channels to alternative listening areas. Some folks don't need this, but have multiple subs which they would like to integrate into their HT.

Why not allow these spare channels to be designated as subwoofers, and have the room correction treat them as such?

Also on sub calibration for multiple subs, wouldn't it make sense for the auto correction to run a pink noise signal through one sub and adjust phase and amplitude at various frequencies on the other subs to achieve the flattest response? Once the flattest response is reached apply the house curve to the group of subs.

Just some odd thoughts while I am supposed to be working :duh:

WGH

Re: HT sub ruminations.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2023, 07:03 pm »
Also on sub calibration for multiple subs, wouldn't it make sense for the auto correction to run a pink noise signal through one sub and adjust phase and amplitude at various frequencies on the other subs to achieve the flattest response? Once the flattest response is reached apply the house curve to the group of subs.

Anthem has been reading your mind

Anthem AVM 70, AVM 90

Anthem Auto Phase, Distance, and Time Alignment for up to four independent subwoofers.
With the addition of phase, distance, and time alignment, ARC will now precisely integrate subwoofers into your system

artur9

Re: HT sub ruminations.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2023, 02:30 am »
It's a lot harder than one might thing but I like it.

My AVM70 has 4(?) channels I'm not using that subs would fit nicely on.