The NFL Season, 17-18

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #220 on: 15 Jan 2018, 04:04 am »
I'm happy to see the Vikings get this far but I've been hurt by them too many times to get excited just yet. :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #221 on: 15 Jan 2018, 04:31 am »
I'm happy to see the Vikings get this far but I've been hurt by them too many times to get excited just yet. :lol:

At least you aren't the guy that blew the tackle!    :banghead: :surrender:

RandyH

« Reply #222 on: 15 Jan 2018, 11:34 am »
Now the Vikings have their own "Hail Mary" pass....reminiscent of the Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson bomb that beat Minnesota in the 1975 playoffs.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #223 on: 15 Jan 2018, 12:59 pm »
So? What was the reasoning behind Minnesota's being forced to go for a conversion after the miracle TD? They could neither win nor lose on the strength of the P.A.T. and the Saints were already in their locker room and the field was cluttered with civilians. The play was so meaningless that the Saints injured punter, Thomas Morestead, was among the stragglers who wandered out to the line of scrimmage to stand and watch Keenum take a knee. My best guess is that it was done for the Las Vegas line. Anybody else have a better explanation why this seemingly unjustifiable and fruitless formality was imposed?

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #224 on: 15 Jan 2018, 03:04 pm »
the rules are the rules, man!!!!! :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #225 on: 15 Jan 2018, 03:12 pm »
At least you aren't the guy that blew the tackle!    :banghead: :surrender:

Wow - that was a Pee-Wee League 3rd grader attempt at tackling!  :o

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #226 on: 15 Jan 2018, 03:19 pm »
Wow - that was a Pee-Wee League 3rd grader attempt at tackling!  :o

Yep. If I were an NFL player and if I were playing in that game at that moment, I definitely wouldn't have done that. no way Jose!!! :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #227 on: 15 Jan 2018, 05:33 pm »
the rules are the rules, man!!!!! :thumb:

Agree completely. Which rule applies?

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #228 on: 15 Jan 2018, 06:22 pm »
Agree completely. Which rule applies?

I heard on Dan Patrick's show that evidently it is a rule that you MUST run the extra point play. IIRC, in overtime games, if the winning play is a TD, that is the end of it. No extra point.

Dan also mentioned that the word is that because the Vikings chose to kneel on the extra point play, there was 1 BILLION dollar swing in the gambling stuff!  :thumb:

Gene

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #229 on: 15 Jan 2018, 08:05 pm »
I heard on Dan Patrick's show that evidently it is a rule that you MUST run the extra point play. IIRC, in overtime games, if the winning play is a TD, that is the end of it. No extra point.

Dan also mentioned that the word is that because the Vikings chose to kneel on the extra point play, there was 1 BILLION dollar swing in the gambling stuff!  :thumb:

Gene
Not an overtime game. Think of it as a walk-off home run. The team at bat may have only one out but the game is over. Vegas is not favored in any way in the NFL rulebook.

djbnh

« Reply #230 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:19 am »

Gene
the only Dan Patrick worth listening to was TX LT Governor Dan Patrick who called in the Texas Rangers to help recover Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey.

Here's one of those great prognostications that "sports" Dan Patrick wiffed on - we love to rag on him in Pats (your next Super Bowl winner) country

djbnh

« Reply #231 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:24 am »

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #232 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:34 am »
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!

How about this. To this ole fart, Mr. Dan Patrick and of course including the Danettes, this is the BEST show period on TV, bar none, end of conversation!  :thumb:

Gene

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #233 on: 16 Jan 2018, 01:01 am »
Marcus Williams' offseason training video:

twitch54

« Reply #234 on: 16 Jan 2018, 01:12 am »
Steelers looking past their game (obviously), looked like total chumps. When was the last time they gave up 45 points at home in a playoff game ??

Mag

« Reply #235 on: 16 Jan 2018, 01:33 am »
Marcus Williams' offseason training video:

Got It! Jump on his back grab torso and twist, he'll go down.

Gotta wonder what he was thinking when he just glanced off his side, missing the tackle? :dunno:

Doublej

« Reply #236 on: 16 Jan 2018, 02:19 am »
Got It! Jump on his back grab torso and twist, he'll go down.

Gotta wonder what he was thinking when he just glanced off his side, missing the tackle? :dunno:

He was trying to miss him? One of the announcers made a comment about this. Something like perhaps the defender thought he was going to hit the receiver before the ball arrived and therefore tried to avoid him to not get an interference call. Me thinks something different.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #237 on: 16 Jan 2018, 02:32 am »
He's a Rook; nothing more. He made a total Rookie mistake. He'll never make that mistake again in his career, ever. I mean, really, he has to watch the cat video until September...  :|

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #238 on: 16 Jan 2018, 02:46 am »
Errr, he's not a rookie, he's only in his 1st season.  :thumb:

This is what their 18th game.

I only just heard someone on ESPN or somewhere make this comment. He not only screwed up but he took his teammate out, who may have been able to tackle the guy before he scored and then...

Saints win! Saints win!  :green:

Oh, well. Wait'll next year.

Gene

ohenry

« Reply #239 on: 16 Jan 2018, 02:51 am »
He's a Rook; nothing more. He made a total Rookie mistake. He'll never make that mistake again in his career, ever. I mean, really, he has to watch the cat video until September...  :|

What a terrible way to lose a game.  Painful to watch.  I mean even a chip on the receiver could have given the other guys in the frame a chance to tackle him. 

It was a Greg Norman moment.  :cry: