Anybody own modern Subaru's?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Anybody own modern Subaru's?
« Reply #40 on: 18 Mar 2024, 04:56 pm »
As I mentioned earlier I have a '24 Crosstrek Ltd. Very nice design and execution. Rides nice 18" tires and handles good. AWD peppy enough for us. Nice interior.

Enjoy!

I will come to you for any of my questions or concerns.

(we are now friends whether you like it or not)

:lol:

JakeJ

« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2024, 05:20 pm »
Is this it, Michael?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #42 on: 20 Apr 2024, 05:06 am »
Any recommendations on good seat covers?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Anybody own modern Subarus?
« Reply #43 on: 20 Apr 2024, 10:45 am »
Is this it, Michael?

Indeed it is!

They’re a little smaller than the Outback, but also sportier looking. I haven’t ridden in one (nor driven one), but I really like them. My wife has never cared for Subarus  :nono:

WGH

« Reply #44 on: 20 Apr 2024, 11:03 pm »
"Is the check engine light flashing?" the service manager at Las Vegas Subaru asked.

I replied "No"

"Then keep driving and bring it in for service later" she said.

I was 415 miles into a 2000 mile road trip into Death Valley National Park a month ago and the dashboard of my 2023 Subaru Outback looked like a Christmas tree.

It was a freak accident, there was a 4' pipe in the middle of the interstate and no way to avoid it. The Outback handled the road hazard just fine, what an amazing car. The Saburu went over the pipe like it wasn't there, bump and bump as the front and rear wheels went over the pipe with no surprises except for all those annoying warning lights on the dash.

A week later I made an appointment at Tucson Subaru to find out why my car was complaining. What happened was the pipe flipped up under the car and clipped off the left rear wheel ABS speed sensor.

Everything in new Subaru's are integrated, you wouldn't think a backup sensor would be such a big deal, but the Outback thinks it is so it shutdown all sorts of convenience features to get my attention. The diagnostic computer readout confirmed there was multiple codes in almost all modules including the transmission control system, the Eye Sight cameras stopped working resulting in no cruise control, blind spot detection was off, no emergency backup braking and a whole lot more. I have to admit it was an impressive list of failures.

Tucson Subaru replaced the sensor wire and everything is like new again. The sensor wire is long and has to be fished through body panels plus the computer codes had to be cleared so it wasn't anything I could fix in my driveway. Damage due to an accident isn't covered by the factory warranty and I have a $500 deductible on my insurance. Total bill was $511.60.

The trip to Death Valley was worth it.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2024, 04:38 pm by WGH »

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 22 Apr 2024, 05:53 am »
Any recommendations on good seat covers?

Anybody familiar with this brand?

https://procarseatcover.com/

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #46 on: 22 Apr 2024, 11:38 am »
While Subaru's are very reliable cars with great safety ratings, they're a friggin nightmare to work on.  My ex has a 2013 Legacy and needed a high beam lamp and the other side also replaced so they'd be equal.  I told her to go to Jiffy Lube as they replace headlamps.  2 1/2 hours later after removing the tire and internal shields along with many Internet searches they managed to get the bad bulb replaced, but gave up on the good bulb.  Replacing spark plugs are apparently a $750 job.  If you only have new cars under warranty and can drop off at the dealership for a day while using your second car this isn't an issue.

dynaflo

« Reply #47 on: 22 Apr 2024, 07:01 pm »
Bought my 2002 L.L. Bean Outback new and still going strong.