Daedalus Audio Isolation devices

jriggy

Re: Daedalus Audio Isolation devices
« Reply #80 on: 10 Jan 2016, 03:52 pm »
trial and error - live with each for a few days
Note the changes with each then send Lou your next check for another order

LoL! Thats just what I did! Waiting on set 3 now.

Anyone have dimensions on these?

I need some footers for my Lampizator DAC, which has some long native feet installed.

They are tall enough to work with Lampizator feet. I tried Big Tall Tenderfoot footers, too, and was bummed when they didn't work...

First set went to the tubed pre --no brainer. The second set went from CDP to Lampi L4G4 but ended up under SS amp. So like Lou said, ya never know!  But I bet this third set will end up under the Lampi again.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #81 on: 22 Jan 2016, 12:21 am »
My third set just arrived

I have a lot of  isolation already - so the tube Dac on a separate rack is the first piece I will evaluate
then the tube pre with phono stage, then the tube cd player

jjinid

« Reply #82 on: 23 Jan 2016, 04:24 pm »
Yesterday I received two sets of DiDs from Lou.  I'm using them under my ModWright Oppo 105 and LS100.  I put one set under the LS100 and listened.  I could already hear a positive difference.  Then I put the second set under the MW 105.  Even larger and more noticeable difference using the two sets together.  Immediately evident and not something I had to strain to hear like some accessory or cable upgrades I've done in the past.  I agree with the other positive comments here.  The improvement in focus was what I noticed most - along with improved clarity and frequency extension.  I'm definitely a believer in these, and have already ordered another set for my PS 9.9 connected to the MW 105, as I believe adding more will continue to make improvements.  Great job with these, Lou, and I highly recommend them!

RPM123

« Reply #83 on: 23 Jan 2016, 05:00 pm »
Yesterday I received two sets of DiDs from Lou.  I'm using them under my ModWright Oppo 105 and LS100.  I put one set under the LS100 and listened.  I could already hear a positive difference.  Then I put the second set under the MW 105.  Even larger and more noticeable difference using the two sets together.  Immediately evident and not something I had to strain to hear like some accessory or cable upgrades I've done in the past.  I agree with the other positive comments here.  The improvement in focus was what I noticed most - along with improved clarity and frequency extension.  I'm definitely a believer in these, and have already ordered another set for my PS 9.9 connected to the MW 105, as I believe adding more will continue to make improvements.  Great job with these, Lou, and I highly recommend them!

Yep, my experience with 3 sets mirrors this! In addition, I am hearing better timbre in voices and bass. Glad I ordered all 3 sets during the intro pricing period!  :D

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #84 on: 6 Feb 2016, 03:45 am »
Great quote from Positive Feedback!

Thank you David!

jjinid

« Reply #85 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:37 pm »
I've had the opportunity now to do some more listening with my third set of DiDs under my PS 9.9 and the improvements that I noticed with the first two sets continue to grow.  I'm hearing even more clarity, extension, spaciousness, and a longer more natural decay of notes.  I'm very pleased with the easily noticeable improvements, and the DiDs were well worth the investment in my system.  Thanks Lou, and congratulations - these are definitely going to be a big hit!

jriggy

« Reply #87 on: 15 Apr 2016, 01:09 pm »
I thought I'd pop back in and give an update... I moved my third set DiDs to under my Furman voltage regulator (as well an Uber Buss filter sits on top of the Furman) and wow! the noise floor is all but gone! I am very surprised how well the DiDs are working under my power products. Almost as much positive difference than under the preamp. Having such a low noise floor now revealing so much musical detail, my wishing and wanting for a new DAC has subsided.

Happy listening folks!

plakey

« Reply #88 on: 15 May 2016, 03:52 pm »
Howdy. I'm curious, can the Daedalus Audio Isolation devices be used under speakers? I have book shelf speakers on a long shelf that also holds my turntable and amp... I'm looking for a way to isolate the vibrations from the speakers... Obv. the best way is to put them on the floor but I'm dealing with some space constraints! Anyway, let me know if the Daedalus Audio Isolation devices would work in this instance. Thank you.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #89 on: 15 May 2016, 04:11 pm »
Howdy. I'm curious, can the Daedalus Audio Isolation devices be used under speakers? I have book shelf speakers on a long shelf that also holds my turntable and amp... I'm looking for a way to isolate the vibrations from the speakers... Obv. the best way is to put them on the floor but I'm dealing with some space constraints! Anyway, let me know if the Daedalus Audio Isolation devices would work in this instance. Thank you.

SO far I have found that they don't work well under speakers.  I would use basic commercial isolation (cork/rubber) I have some or can get you the link.
The DiDs should help a lot under your amp and TT, we have a new TT platform which incorporates the DiDs and will be debuting that at the Newport show.

plakey

« Reply #90 on: 15 May 2016, 05:10 pm »
Ohhh. maybe the Turntable platform would work! I am having problems with the speaker transferring resonance up through the table into the cart.

I'll come see you in Newport and check it all out. I'm sure the DAID will work under my tube amp on the same platform.

Thank you!

Folsom

« Reply #91 on: 15 May 2016, 07:25 pm »

Anyways for anyone that missed it,

Lou was down in the market place with his new isolation feet, the DiD's. He gave me a demo by taking them out from underneath a DAC and headphone amp, and putting them back in. It was abundantly clear they changed the sound. Lou isn't blowing smoke when he says it. I'm so glad he gave me the demonstration. It's funny because I actually noticed DiD's all over the show. The systems with them did lean towards a bit more refinement.

Sadly I'm not a headphones guy. They increased clarity so much on the higher registers that I could hear so much more information that was useless while wearing headphones... all that information is ques for imaging and such on a normal stereo but there is no such thing with headphones! The voices and other parts of the demo songs he played were however improved an obvious noticeable amount. The Modwright gear I was not a fan of however. It might have been a refreshing amount linearity, but it wasn't easy to listen to. Very dry, low body, tone was thin.  Maybe it was just the headphone amp, I don't know. The real performers were the DiDs. Thanks to Lou for that, he's making the right choice to try and get the word out about them.
« Last Edit: 7 Jun 2016, 01:25 am by Folsom »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #92 on: 15 May 2016, 08:48 pm »
Ohhh. maybe the Turntable platform would work! I am having problems with the speaker transferring resonance up through the table into the cart.

I'll come see you in Newport and check it all out. I'm sure the DAID will work under my tube amp on the same platform.

Thank you!

Lou made the first turntable platform for me and it definitely helped kill resonances and increased clarity and detail. Tighter bass too.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #93 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:17 am »
Lou,

What is the wait time on 1 or 2 pairs of DiD's?

George

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #94 on: 7 Jun 2016, 04:43 am »
Lou,

What is the wait time on 1 or 2 pairs of DiD's?

George

we can usually get those shipped the next day.  :thumb:
I like that kind of lead time...

give me a call
thanks,
lou

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #95 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:30 pm »
I'll call you later today Lou.

One set will go under Vinnie Rossi's LIO.

We can discuss the potential benefits under the amps (Atsah NC 1200's).

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #96 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:33 pm »
I'm pretty sure Lou offers a money back so there isn't much to lose.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #97 on: 7 Jun 2016, 02:02 pm »
$160 a pop?

Effective weight limit for each unit?

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #98 on: 7 Jun 2016, 02:12 pm »
Literature notes 3 units are adequate for up to 150 Lbs.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #99 on: 12 Jun 2016, 01:23 pm »
Lou-

Is there any plan to offer the DiD in black?  Just some black anodize.   ;)