Ncore Vs. Purifi

ellisr63

Re: Ncore Vs. Purifi
« Reply #100 on: 6 Feb 2023, 09:54 pm »
I own ICE 1200as2 and purifi. I have heard Ncore 400 and Ncore 500. 
My order of preference most to least is Purifi, ICE, NCore 500, NCore400.

Purifi is detailed refined with excellent damping for strong clear bass.  I think its the best class D available now.
ICE is detailed but slightly less refined than purifi, less firm bass and unable to handle <3 ohm load. ICE has a very relaxed and confident sound and is bulletproof troublefree technology.

I recently upgraded from Purifi to Denafrips Thallos which completely blows away all the class D amps Ive heard. Another league, true high end with low price. Listening is so much fun again and I feel after all these years of system building I finally have the sound I have always heard in my mind. Im buying another one to biamp.  But I was very happy with Purifi before I got sabotaged by unexpected thallos audition. I didn't know that my system was this good and was just waiting for a good enough amp to bring out the full potential.

I am also looking at the Thallos to go with my Athens and Pontus...currently using Ivepower 125sx2 s in BTL mode with K402 MEHs.

hk29

« Reply #101 on: 13 May 2023, 01:48 am »
Here's an interesting comparison: Hypex Nilai, Purifi, and icepower (from basic kits).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZFAWe1Nxo

Of course if I understand correctly implementation matters a lot.   

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #102 on: 13 May 2023, 03:19 am »
"offers a richer, warmer, tonally dense musical sound"

tonally dense? finally, a description I can identify with.

See ASR member PMA for posts on critical performance for different Class D circuit types. Not what it seems based only on raw numbers.