Salk HT3/HTC pics are now in my gallery

Marbles

« on: 3 Aug 2005, 05:58 pm »
I have been asked a few times to post pics of my Salk Sound speakers as they sit in my system.

I did a down and dirty picture taking..no photoshop, lights up, flash on and posted directly to my gallery.

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=albut24&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Bingenito

« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2005, 07:50 pm »
Awesome :!:

These speakers are beautiful. I can't wait to get mine in a few days.

I also noticed in the photos that you do not have enough gear. I think you need to buy a few more amps  :P  :wink:  :lol:

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2005, 08:01 pm »
What wood combo did you get?

Bingenito

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2005, 08:57 pm »
Macassar Ebony with huge color variation and black lacquer baffles bases and port tubes.

I mocked (not a real HT3) it up in photoshop. Dont laugh too hard since it was a quick job. You will notice that my woofers are black. This is correct.

I was going to use Claro walnut but the ebony is so wild that the walnut did not look right. I like the piano black with the black in the ebony and black woofers. Might be too crazy for some but for me it is perfect :D

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2005, 12:40 am »
Quote from: Bingenito
Macassar Ebony with huge color variation and black lacquer baffles bases and port tubes.

I mocked (not a real HT3) it up in photoshop. Dont laugh too hard since it was a quick job. You will notice that my woofers are black. This is correct.

I was going to use Claro walnut but the ebony is so wild that the walnut did not look right. I like the piano black with the black in the ebony and black woofers. Might be too crazy for some but for me it is perfect :D

That is pretty wild...

I saw some HT1's that were made with Macassar Ebony, but I don't remember your HT3's.

I also saw some unfinished Burl Walnut HT3's that someone is going to absolutely LOVE

I saw some plainer looking walnut HT3's as well.

Please post pics when you get the chance.

Bingenito

« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2005, 01:36 am »
Please post pics when you get the chance.

As soon as the speakers are unpacked and in rough position I will take a few shots.

A few others have received their HT3s but have not posted photos  :scratch: Are they listening to music or something? Whats up? :lol:

Gordy

« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:28 am »
Hi Marbles,

Um, these?  :mrgreen:

Marbles

« Reply #7 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:38 am »
Yeah, I think those could be the ones  :wink:

How do you like them?

Maybe you haven't got them yet, as the picture looks remarkably like it could be Jims basement....

Gordy

« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:52 am »
Jim will have them finished in a week with any luck!  I believe they are next in line after Bingenito's.  This was the first time I've seen a picture of the Burl since it was a raw sheet and I've yet to get a look at the Walnut baffle, which is a lightly figured Walnut.  As you can imagine, I'm a tad pumped :lol:  and thanks to your mod thread I finally decided to really stretch my budget and opt for the Sonicaps.

Marbles

« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:57 am »
I think you are going to be really happy with the burl when you see it in person....and I think you made a very good decision on the Sonicaps.

Let us know what you think when you get them.

Bingenito

« Reply #10 on: 4 Aug 2005, 03:00 am »
This was the first time I've seen a picture of the Burl since it was a raw sheet

Gordy, As soon as I received the shots from Jim I was so excited I had to see what a complete speaker might look like. Rather then wait like a normal person I cloned the veneer from Jim's photo of my actual blank cabinet onto a photo of a complete HT3 that was taken at a similar angle.

I know....I need to get a life  :rotflmao:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Salk HT3/HTC pics are now in my gallery
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2005, 04:19 am »
Quote from: Marbles
I have been asked a few times to post pics of my Salk Sound speakers as they sit in my system.
    Thank you Rob...looks great, and I'm sure they sound great as well...enjoy !![/list:u]
      Maybe the next time we bet, I'll get lucky again, and win the new system...matches nice with the wood in my room. :jester: [/list:u]
        Chris[/list:u]

Gordy

« Reply #12 on: 4 Aug 2005, 04:33 am »
Quote from: Bingenito

I know....I need to get a life  :rotflmao:

I'm jealous!  If I could master anything besides the 'read Email button' I'd be there too  :lol:

ekovalsky

« Reply #13 on: 4 Aug 2005, 05:45 am »
Those look great!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a push for a Salk forum, or owner circle, here on Audiocircle.  The speakers certainly look great, and by all accounts sound great (I'm still waiting to hear them myself).  And they have displaced speakers from other AC vendors in many members' systems.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #14 on: 4 Aug 2005, 11:24 am »
Quote from: ekovalsky
Those look great!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a push for a Salk forum, or owner circle, here on Audiocircle.  The speakers certainly look great, and by all accounts sound great (I'm still waiting to hear them myself).  And they have displaced speakers from other AC vendors in many members' systems.

Eric,

I will try to get one started next week when I get a little free time.

George

Gordy

« Reply #15 on: 4 Aug 2005, 12:17 pm »
George,

Would it be possible to move Marbles' mod thread over?  A picture gallery like Levi built for the NY Rave and Hugh's AKSA builds would, of course, be mandatory as well  8) .

Bingenito

« Reply #16 on: 4 Aug 2005, 12:36 pm »
A picture gallery like Levi built for the NY Rave and Hugh's AKSA builds would, of course, be mandatory as well  .

I was thinking the same thing. It is great to see photos on a manufacture website but it is always nice to see the product installed in customers homes. This helps people understand the scale of the speaker and how the woods match with decor.

I will volunteer to edit and post any photos to a gallery if we create a circle. It would be nice to have a sticky with customer systems, location and links to the associated system photos.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 4 Aug 2005, 12:46 pm »
Yes, we can get threads moved over, have sticky notes, pics, etc...

Hopefully we won't have any issues getting the Circle approved.

George

Marbles

« Reply #18 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:34 pm »
I think at first we should try for an owners circle, that would most certainly pass.  If at some point in the future Jim posts more frequently here, then we can see if we can have it changed to a Manufacturers circle.

What do you guys think?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:37 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
I think at first we should try for an owners circle, that would most certainly pass.  If at some point in the future Jim posts more frequently here, then we can see if we can have it changed to a Manufacturers circle.

What do you guys think?

I was going the Owner's Circle route.

George