New Vandys

bigshow

New Vandys
« on: 19 Nov 2016, 12:31 am »
 I recently sold my very large Clearfield Metropolitans and was hoping to go for some Treos. But the funds were not there. My dealer of fine audio products said do not disregard the 2CE signature II's with a Vandy sub. So that's what I came home with. Wow! What great speakers. The imaging that Vandersteen is famous for is there and the sub's add great bass. I am very happy. I know Treos are that much better, but I am very much enjoying these right now.  Soon I will post some pictures. I'm glad that there is a Vandersteen circle.

geowak

Re: New Vandys
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2016, 01:16 am »
I have the 2CE Sig II as well. I had wanted to upgrade from Snell speakers, and I had a limited budget... so I went for a listen to as many floorstanding speakers as I could find within 90 miles of my home. There are not as many audio stores today, as there existed some 20 years ago. So I had heard B&W, Klipsch, Rega, KEF, DefTech, Magnepan and others. I stumbled upon Don Better Audio in Ohio and he told me I might want to listen to the 2CE Sig II. I had not heard the brand, but I had read about them. After listening for about 2 hrs with my music...I thought they were the most musical of all the other speakers I had heard.

But in a second system I have a pair of MMGs. I hope to save enough $$ for a pair of 3.7's one day. Enjoy the Vandys, they are very fine speakers indeed.

ctsooner

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2016, 01:13 pm »
Welcome on board.  Great speakers for sure.  So glad you guys like them.  I think as you get further into your audio journey you will start to truly appreciate what you have. You can keep upgrading your source and then your amps and then the cables and you will get further refined sound. Thats't the magic of Richard's designs at all price ranges.  I'm about to sell my Treo's so that I may upgrade to Quatro's.  I listen to a ton of speakers all the time at all price ranges, but none do what Vandersteen's seem to do at any of their price ranges.  Better's is a great store I've heard.  Some day I'll get up there to meet them and audition.  Glad you found them.  Pete

bigshow

« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2016, 02:16 am »
 The more I listen to the Vandersteens, more I know I made the right choice. My dealer in Milwaukee, UltraFidelis, is a great Vandy dealer and really helped with everything. I can't say enough good things about them.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Dec 2016, 02:22 am »
Pics or it didn't happen.  :wink:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2016, 02:43 am »
Congrats on a great speaker. If my listening space were large enough to accommodate them, I'd be listening to the 2CE sigs.

And welcome to AudioCircle.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2016, 02:53 am »
Congrats! I owned a pair about 8 years ago. Sold them before my move to Texas. Wish I'd kept them.

ctsooner

« Reply #7 on: 9 Dec 2016, 03:48 pm »
Slush, the newer models will blow away the older ones believe it or not. They have been upgraded so much within the last couple of years, that it's amazing.  Go get yourself a new pair, lol.

I have to visit that dealer the next time I'm in Milwaukee.

LordCloud

« Reply #8 on: 9 Dec 2016, 04:07 pm »
I'd love a pair of Model 7's. They're my current dream speaker.....but I'm on more of a 2CE budget myself.

I've never heard a pair of Vandersteens sound bad, and I am also a time and phase coherency kinda guy.

Dmason

« Reply #9 on: 9 Dec 2016, 07:25 pm »
All Vandersteens sound great, cost nor budget are relevant.  I love the 1C. It WORKS.

ctsooner

« Reply #10 on: 9 Dec 2016, 10:21 pm »
Those little 1C's with a top amp and a Codex will sound crazy good.  Johnny Rutan at Audio Connection in NJ has put together some incredible systems with that speaker. 

Vandersteen's are the only true time and phase correct speaker I can think of right now. Some claim it and are close, but not quite there.  That's where you get rid of that smearing and have such an open and detailed speaker.