Vandersteen 5 CT and Quatro's create quite the buzz at the CES

ctsooner

The Vandersteen room seemed to get it's usually great press from best sound etc...  I personally love MQA and I can't wait to hear it on the Steen's.  I only heard it on an all Meridian system and it ws the first time I've ever liked Meridian.  I think Audio Beat named it best room or one of those awards. 

Then there was all the talk coming out of the Ayre room with the Quatro's.  I have the AX-5/20's they offered and it's such a natural match with the Quatro's (or any Vandersteen).  I personally can't wait for Ayre to come out with top DAC's.  Hopefully they will be available for the next shows as they will be game changers. I also hope they come out with a server soon too (with MQA of course). 

Whenever I read about what a reviewer hears in the Vandersteen rooms, it makes me think about what I heard daily with my Treo's.  Unlike other lines, it's nice to know that Richard voices all his speakers in the same vein.  Clear, no smearing, full or nearly full range and emotionally connecting.  I think that the more detail you hear, the more you can connect to speakers.  That's something that we don't talk about as much as other buzz words we use in describing speakers.  JMHO  Thoughts?

KLH007

Whenever I read about what a reviewer hears in the Vandersteen rooms, it makes me think about what I heard daily with my Treo's.  Unlike other lines, it's nice to know that Richard voices all his speakers in the same vein.  Clear, no smearing, full or nearly full range and emotionally connecting.  I think that the more detail you hear, the more you can connect to speakers.  That's something that we don't talk about as much as other buzz words we use in describing speakers.  JMHO  Thoughts?

I think you're right about connecting to the music with more detail. I've heard the Vandy 7 Mk IIs twice and each time I was reluctant to leave the room because the music was so compelling. Their level of detail retrieval was remarkable and better than anything else I heard at RMAF, the Vapor room came close, but with their matching amps the 7s were incredible, The Beatles have never sounded better.

ctsooner

Thanks for sharing.  Love listening to the Beatles.  I've heard great things about Vapor from Steven Nuggent who make my DAC.  He bought a pair. I told him to go listen to the Quatro's and then tell me with a straight face which one he likes best.  I notice that they seem to really appeal to folks who like different types of speakers.  That to me says a whole lot.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I've heard great things about Vapor from Steven Nuggent who make my DAC.  He bought a pair.
Too bad last I heard he never got them and it's been nearly 3 years

ctsooner

I need to call him about a ripping question on the server he also sold me.  I will ask him.  The reason I didn't even look at Vapor or any of the other smaller guys who make speakers out of their house is because of the qC problems as well as the ability to get delivery.  he's not the only one who's had those type of problems.  he really likes ruthlessly revealing components. It works great in his DAC, because it's non fatiguing. It's like Richard's speakers in that there is no smearing and you get all the detail on the recording.  The more you get, the better the sound as long as it's recorded well. If not, it will probably be left off my play lists, lol.  Too much great music to enjoy to have to deal with poorly recorded stuff.