The Allman Bros. "Dreams" - Do you own this?

rockadanny

The Allman Bros. "Dreams" - Do you own this?
« on: 23 Jan 2020, 11:28 pm »
Hi.

I love the Allmans (et al) and have a bunch of their CDs, the best recordings I could purchase (see list below).
I don't have anything recorded by them prior to their self-titled release and would love to get my hands on the first 13 tracks of Disc 1 on the "Dreams" box, but I don't want to pay for 4 discs, of which most tracks I already have, especially at $50 (used) - $250 (new). That's just crazy talk.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade a burned copy of Disc 1 (at least the 1st 13 tracks) for their pick of any two CDs (burned copies) in my library?
I have lots of great jazz, blues, rock, and other good stuff. Anyone possibly interested? My library is categorized in an Excel spreadsheet which I could e-mail to you. Continental US residents only please.

The Allman Brothers Band (MFSL SACD)   
Idlewild South (MFSL Gold)      
The Fillmore Concerts      
Eat a Peach (MFSL SACD)      
Brothers And Sisters (MFSL Gold)      
Duane Allman  -  The Anthology   
Gregg Allman  -  Live: Back To Macon, GA
Richard Betts  -  Highway Call   
Dickey Betts  -  Atlanta's Burning Down   

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: The Allman Bros. "Dreams" - Do you own this?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm »
I have The Fillmore SACD great band, very nice SQ.

johnto

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2020, 03:33 am »
You can probably find the box set in a local library, most have online catalogs. Good luck,happy listening.

rockadanny

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2020, 04:00 am »
Thank you guys.
Someone has contacted me so likely will succeed.

pehare

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2020, 11:53 am »
Gregg Allman's unreleased version of "Rain" on Dreams is one of my alltime favs.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2020, 11:58 am »
I have the vinyl box set and wouldn't part with it. That said, I wonder what the value of it is now? I haven't even thought about investigating this.

Shakey

rockadanny

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2020, 01:27 pm »
pehare - OK, so now you're trying to tease me into getting the whole enchilada.  :nono: :lol:

Shakey - You never know. I've paid hefty prices on a few OOP recordings that I just HAD to have.

pehare

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2020, 07:28 pm »
Rockadanny if you still need help let me know.  Another highlight is "You don't love me/Soul serenade" a King Curtis cover on disc 3 that is over 19 minutes.  The introduction by Duane is sublime moment in rock history as he describes the funeral of King Curtis.  The band is in top form and really lets 'er rip. 

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2020, 09:55 pm »
pehare - That would be interesting to hear, as I have King Curtis' "Live at Fillmore West", recorded March '71 (and also Aretha Franklin's release of the same concert backed by King Curtis), just a few months prior to his death (August).