Illuminate the Music

Mountain-ear

Illuminate the Music
« on: 10 May 2007, 01:52 am »
Got a new T-8 from Frank yesterday.  This is my third tube preamp (a Rogue Magnum 66 and and early model T-8 in the small chassis preceded this one).  What a difference!  The new T-8 is just flat-out silent.  I can crank the volume up to the "noon" level on line or phono and I get no hiss, no noise, no nothing.  And when I put the music on, the magic happens.  It is hard for me to imagine what an Ultra sounds like.  Can it possibly be better?  There's not much room for improvement from where I sit.

I suggested to Frank a few months ago that he needed a slogan.  I'm going to offer up "Illuminate the Music" because that's what I think the AVA gear does.  It doesn't add to the music -- it just enables you appreciate what was already there.  What do you think Frank's slogan should be?

By the way, the remote control is awesome!  It is exactly what you need and nothing more.  I highly recommend it.

Thanks, Frank!

richidoo

Re: Illuminate the Music
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2007, 12:28 pm »
Once it gets here I could post my reaction here if anyone's interested.

Oh yeah! Please give us your comparison. I'm especially interested in the speed of them. Other pres I'm auditioning so far are not as transparent as I would like. Not tried Frank's yet. I better get one ordered before the TAS review comes out! Does anyone know the input and output impedence values of T8 and/or Ultra?
Thanks!
Rich

Wayner

Re: Illuminate the Music
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2007, 09:56 pm »
BrianM,

Why give up one. I have the T8 with the OmegaStar. I alternate use during the week, pairing up the T8 with my AVA 170EX and using the OmegaStar with the AVA 260EX. On the weekends, I re-wire the T8 to fire the proto-type AVA Ultimate 70. The T8/U70 is an enormise "Soundscape". I do like to "Illuminate the Music", too!

:)