Robert D

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #300 on: 22 Aug 2010, 01:04 pm »
Do you think it will Fit ?

Robert

1oldguy

« Reply #301 on: 22 Aug 2010, 01:05 pm »
Robert this is beautiful.Who makes this and what model is it?

Thanks.
oldguy :green:

Robert D

« Reply #302 on: 22 Aug 2010, 02:09 pm »
It's called a Oracle Audio Delphi MKV 01

Here is the Web Site
http://www.oracle-audio.com/

Its not in My House Yet

Its on my wish List
Robert

1oldguy

« Reply #303 on: 22 Aug 2010, 02:35 pm »
I can only imagine the cost of that beauty.I'm willing to be you know. :wink:

Robert D

« Reply #304 on: 22 Aug 2010, 02:41 pm »
8 to 10 depending

Robert

KeithA

« Reply #305 on: 22 Aug 2010, 02:43 pm »
It's called a Oracle Audio Delphi MKV 01

Here is the Web Site
http://www.oracle-audio.com/

Its not in My House Yet

Its on my wish List
Robert

A friend of mine had an Oracle Delphi back in the early 80's. A work of art  :wink:

Now, I would never go back to a turntable for audio, personally, but there is no denying that's a great looking piece of audio gear.

Keith

Robert D

« Reply #306 on: 22 Aug 2010, 02:52 pm »
Keith do you remember what it sounded like ?

I have not herd better on my part

Robert

I had a TD160 Thorens aways back .....That I purchased from Sons Ideal aways BACK

I miss it 
Robert

Robert D

« Reply #307 on: 22 Aug 2010, 03:11 pm »
Keith I made a Boo Boo

The Thorens that I had was a TD166

see Below   Robert

KeithA

« Reply #308 on: 22 Aug 2010, 05:08 pm »
Keith do you remember what it sounded like ?

I have not herd better on my part

Robert

I had a TD160 Thorens aways back .....That I purchased from Sons Ideal aways BACK

I miss it 
Robert

Wow..that's a long way back  :o However, I remember is sounding divine  8)

That would have been circa 1983 and the first CD players had just hit the market around here. Mater of fact, the guy who owned the Oracle had just bought a CD player and its the one in the attached video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25vpqveQlXM

The Oracle sounded great. That was in a system with Bryston 4Bs (that was my first introduction to Bryston) and he had a set of Infinity Reference Standard 2As or 2Bs (can't remember the model).

The guy has a pair of Technics turntables at the time that he sold to my other buddies to get the Oracle. I can't remeber the models of the Technics players, but they were no slouches in their own right (if I recall, those Technics tables were solid marble or something like that). However, the Oracle was clearly superior to the other gear he had been using., and it just looked like a million bucks...an engineering marvel. Back in those days I had a Sansui linear-tracking turntable  :o, so it was pretty easy to impress me at the time!!

However, my memories of the Oracle were nothing less than superb. It's great that the company is still around.

Keith

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #309 on: 23 Aug 2010, 06:20 pm »
My old buddy.

He died three years ago.

My "new" Leaks.

rob80b

« Reply #310 on: 23 Aug 2010, 10:24 pm »
Clearing out some storage my Celestion SL6S's from 1988 with SL700 drivers (1998), actually just got them back from a family member.
I'm still amazed at what these little guys can do, Celestion produced one of the best metal dome tweeters rivaling cloth domes for their smoothness.
Just over ten years ago I had upgraded the original drivers when I got the opportunity to install new old stock SL700 drivers which increased dynamics and power handling, the original drivers would compress after certain (loud) levels so it was enlightening to drive them with the 4BSST,BP25P/BCD-1 setup.

Well they sound really good and not dated at all, tonal quality, imaging, depth and dynamics are excellent and they gave my Dynaudio Special 25s a run for their money except in the base department where they really need a sub.
Can honestly say that there are not many current mini monitors that have surpassed these little gems even after 20 plus years

VOLKS

« Reply #311 on: 25 Aug 2010, 01:05 am »

Hey 1Oldguy here are my photos of the actual Clearaudio Concept dustcover.

1oldguy ....Here are some pics of the Clearaudio Concept Clamp of mine.It has a heavy-solid feel- build to it.....it matches nicely with the concept TT for sure.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #312 on: 25 Aug 2010, 08:03 am »
uuups...i just did it!

my new speakers. during the process. in the meantime the chassis are mounted, the crossover network is soldered and implemented and the cabinets got their colour already. just a few things have to be done until i will show the speakers in its full glory...here is something to get a taste:

al.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2010, 12:07 pm by alexone »

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #313 on: 25 Aug 2010, 08:23 am »
No, what you want is the Clearaudio Twister clamp! It's more effective in eliminating warps!

1oldguy

« Reply #314 on: 25 Aug 2010, 01:25 pm »
Hi Volks

I wish I were there to hear your system.I really like the look you have accomplished.
The TT along with the speakers are the most visually appealing.

VOLKS

« Reply #315 on: 25 Aug 2010, 02:31 pm »
TY sir.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #316 on: 25 Aug 2010, 02:46 pm »
Clearing out some storage my Celestion SL6S's from 1988 with SL700 drivers (1998), actually just got them back from a family member.
I'm still amazed at what these little guys can do, Celestion produced one of the best metal dome tweeters rivaling cloth domes for their smoothness.
Just over ten years ago I had upgraded the original drivers when I got the opportunity to install new old stock SL700 drivers which increased dynamics and power handling, the original drivers would compress after certain (loud) levels so it was enlightening to drive them with the 4BSST,BP25P/BCD-1 setup.

Well they sound really good and not dated at all, tonal quality, imaging, depth and dynamics are excellent and they gave my Dynaudio Special 25s a run for their money except in the base department where they really need a sub.
Can honestly say that there are not many current mini monitors that have surpassed these little gems even after 20 plus years

Rob,

"old" doesn't always means that something is of bad quality. so the Celestions are a good example that the owner can still be very happy with them after all these years. nice story. :thumb:

al.

rob80b

« Reply #317 on: 25 Aug 2010, 10:14 pm »
Rob,

"old" doesn't always means that something is of bad quality. so the Celestions are a good example that the owner can still be very happy with them after all these years. nice story. :thumb:

al.

Hi Al

The Celestion SL series are a prime example of where power and set up are crucial.
Just for fun I tried them out as a bedroom system with my Marantz 1070 (35 watt) int/amp from 1975, which powered them initially in 1988, no go, the sound was lifeless and the magic was gone.
Moving them into the main room with the 4BSST, you’d think they were a totally different speaker, cross them over with a 15” sub and you’ve got yourself a excellent sounding full range system, the results were night and day.
Interestingly I tried a pair of Dynaudio BM6s in both setups and they sounded fine with 35 watts or 200 and both rooms, which just goes to show why some may have favored the little Celestions and others did not.
The main point to remember was that the team of Graham Bank, Bob Smith and Julian Wright were geniuses when it came to designing drivers and developing speakers which in many circles have stood the test of time.

Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #318 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm »
My old buddy.

He looked like quite a character - I feel for your loss.

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #319 on: 26 Aug 2010, 12:27 am »
He looked like quite a character - I feel for your loss.

Be well...

I have a 12 year old Husky that's on his last legs -  I am dreading his loss :cry:

james