Picture Food Needed

1oldguy

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #260 on: 8 Aug 2010, 09:48 am »

Gotta love this TT  :thumb:

Thanks to your picture I found out about this TT.Infact i think I just may end up buying one.I hope they make a dust cover for this though.I take it you like it's performance.

VOLKS

« Reply #261 on: 8 Aug 2010, 04:01 pm »
Thanks to your picture I found out about this TT.Infact i think I just may end up buying one.I hope they make a dust cover for this though.I take it you like it's performance.

Hey 1Oldguy  glad to hear that :).....Clearaudio does make a dustcover for the concept and a concept record clamp-i ordered both last night.........i will post photos of both when i get them.

1oldguy

« Reply #262 on: 8 Aug 2010, 04:20 pm »
May I ask what your using for a needle?did you get it at the time of purchase?I have MM included with the New BP-26 i have ordered as I don't see myself getting into MC.

1oldguy

« Reply #263 on: 8 Aug 2010, 07:25 pm »
Well Volks your quite the inspiration with your very clean lines.I've decided to go with silver after all.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #264 on: 8 Aug 2010, 10:46 pm »
Hey Volks, the Concept's a pretty cool turntable, but it's an entry level model...why didn't you go up higher in the Clearaudio line?

VOLKS

« Reply #265 on: 8 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm »
Well Volks your quite the inspiration with your very clean lines.I've decided to go with silver after all.

Thank You 1Oldguy ....happy i could help.

I have the The Clearaudio Maestro Cartridge ...its a big step up from the stock concept cartridge that comes with the the Concept.........."Maestro furthers that design with a new integral wood body for greater rigidity. This results in increased dynamics and tighter image focus. The Maestro is fitted with their best solid boron rod cantilever and Trygon P2 stylus (the same stylus used on the famous Claeraudio Insider MC cartridge!) for resolving power previously unimaginable in a MM cartridge. The Maestro’s healthy output and freedom from resistive loading concerns make it the perfect choice for anybody searching for great sound that rivals MC designs which cost a great deal more. with the Concept..............This is a Quote from the Music Direct site about the Maestro Cartridge"....about a $1000
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2010, 12:57 am by VOLKS »

VOLKS

« Reply #266 on: 8 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm »
Hey Volks, the Concept's a pretty cool turntable, but it's an entry level model...why didn't you go up higher in the Clearaudio line?

I upgraded from a entry level Project Debut III(with stock cartridge) 

...........moving up to the Clearaudio Concept and getting the Maestro Cartridge with it....is a HUGE leap forward in sound quality.

The Maestro Cartridge alone is almost 2.5 times the price of the whole Project Debut III TT

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #267 on: 8 Aug 2010, 11:56 pm »
I see. I just feel your system demands more than what the Concept has to offer, just like mine demands more than the Technics. Have you looked into the Performance or the Innovation?

Just a suggestion here...

Anyway, if you really like it, that's all that matters. :)

Stu Pitt

« Reply #268 on: 9 Aug 2010, 01:59 am »
I haven't heard the Concept personally, but the few people I know with one say it pinches way above it's weight. 

1oldguy,

You're not limited to an MM cartridge per se.  You can also use a high output MC.  My B60's MM stage has no problems with my HOMC Dynavector 10x5.  It takes a few degrees more of a turn on thevolume knob, but not much more than my old MM, which was 5mV if I'm not mistaken. 

wrathchild

• Bryston Ballistics
« Reply #269 on: 10 Aug 2010, 04:35 am »
Tough to go wrong with Clearaudio, nice upgrade.
I like your cart choice Stu, mine is the 20xL and I love it.

Robert D

« Reply #270 on: 10 Aug 2010, 10:03 pm »
agility trial .... Baby Ruben

And a BBQ was fun see below a few pic's

Last week end   :thumb:

Stu Pitt

« Reply #271 on: 11 Aug 2010, 01:12 am »
Tough to go wrong with Clearaudio, nice upgrade.
I like your cart choice Stu, mine is the 20xL and I love it.

The 20X is a great cart.  If I had a more capable deck and arm, I'd have gone with that.  While my Pro-Ject 1Xpression with carbon fiber tonearm is no slouch, the 20X would have been overkill. 

betamax

« Reply #272 on: 11 Aug 2010, 09:01 am »
After my wife, the two other great loves of my life...

Robert D

« Reply #273 on: 11 Aug 2010, 01:57 pm »
Very Nice   :thumb:

Robert

KeithA

« Reply #274 on: 12 Aug 2010, 12:02 am »
Wow....I'm really liking the addition of Piano Gloss Black to the B&W Sig line............sweet  8)

Keith

Robert D

« Reply #275 on: 12 Aug 2010, 01:03 am »
1 word   Wow
 : My wife would kill me  LOL
: of course with  a Pair of 32g's .... I mean 28B'S
Right James !

Robert

1ZIP

« Reply #276 on: 12 Aug 2010, 02:35 am »
Wow....I'm really liking the addition of Piano Gloss Black to the B&W Sig line............sweet  8)
Keith

Ohhhh, if I only had the room for them....(heavy sigh)!

KeithA

« Reply #277 on: 12 Aug 2010, 09:08 am »
Ohhhh, if I only had the room for them....(heavy sigh)!

Something like this (the 802Ds or the Monitor Audio Platinum PL300s) is too big for my room now....but in 2 to 3 years I'll be moving to a bigger place most likely.

So, squeeze 'em in now and take 'em with me when I go  :D

Keith
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2010, 09:23 am by KeithA »

1oldguy

« Reply #278 on: 12 Aug 2010, 12:45 pm »
Left scratching my head......This is the other table I'm considering.
http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=6815

1oldguy

« Reply #279 on: 12 Aug 2010, 04:19 pm »
The sweetest sounded TT I've yet to hear on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NuVinyl#p/u/0/H_ENZvyAd7c