« Reply #201 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:56 am »

What a pair of "cuties."   :D

Be well...

Thank you Laundrew

Robert

V

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #202 on: 16 Jul 2010, 12:00 am »
If I really had the time to have a dog and I had to choose between being a dog owner or hi-fi owner, my choice would be the dog.
Dogs are great fun (and so is hi-fi).

Robert D

« Reply #203 on: 16 Jul 2010, 01:22 am »
V

My Pouches Love the Music 
They just love the Bass ..... It puts them to Sleep

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #204 on: 16 Jul 2010, 01:26 am »

Ruben at 3 Months

Zoey  at 1 year with my Wife

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #205 on: 16 Jul 2010, 01:32 am »

And Of Course Zoey & my wife & Ruben

in the back Yard

Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #206 on: 16 Jul 2010, 03:19 am »
Hector in PEI...

Hector having a "Boxer moment."

Robert D

« Reply #207 on: 16 Jul 2010, 09:54 am »
Laundrew

Very nice Pic's  Buddy !

Robert

Laundrew

« Reply #208 on: 16 Jul 2010, 02:14 pm »
Laundrew

Very nice Pic's  Buddy !

Robert

Thank you Robert  :D

Be well...

1oldguy

« Reply #209 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:22 pm »
 Here's my woo woo. :green:

Laundrew

« Reply #210 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:53 pm »
^^^  :thumb:

Be well...

Ryanz

« Reply #211 on: 21 Jul 2010, 03:52 pm »
Hector in PEI...

Hector having a "Boxer moment."

You have one beautiful Boxer Laundrew!  :thumb: How old is he?

Laundrew

« Reply #212 on: 22 Jul 2010, 01:44 am »
You have one beautiful Boxer Laundrew!  :thumb: How old is he?

Thank you very much - and Hector also knows that he is beautiful  :wink:

Hector is now 4 years old and has "bulked" out a lot at 80 lbs - these pictures were taken when he was only 1 year old.

Be well....

Ryanz

« Reply #213 on: 22 Jul 2010, 02:57 pm »
Thank you very much - and Hector also knows that he is beautiful  :wink:

Hector is now 4 years old and has "bulked" out a lot at 80 lbs - these pictures were taken when he was only 1 year old.

Be well....

Wow! :o So does he walk you or do you walk him? :lol:

Laundrew

« Reply #214 on: 23 Jul 2010, 04:38 pm »
Wow! :o So does he walk you or do you walk him? :lol:

He enjoys his walks, and sometimes they are interesting...

Hector and I were out for a walk last week and we came across a lady walking her Great Dane. This woman was perhaps 100 lbs “soaking wet” and I later learned from her that her Dane was 180 lbs. Anyway, she is perhaps 10 - 15 feet away from Hector and I and she mentions that her Dane does not like Boxers :o

As soon as she finished saying this, the Dane charges Hector and literally drags her across the sidewalk. I had to “hip check” the Dane and grab his collar to stop him from getting at Hector - all while holding Hector on the other side of me. The Dane had a choke collar on and I managed to put a good twist on it and he turned his attention to me. I scream “NO” at him and he went submissive - I am looking at the Dane’s head and it is the size of a small suitcase - with big teeth :duh:

Anyway, the owner picks herself up and starts apologizing - all is good and no harm is done. Normally it is the smaller dogs that I find are much more aggressive than the larger breeds.

Be well…

Ryanz

« Reply #215 on: 23 Jul 2010, 05:56 pm »
He enjoys his walks, and sometimes they are interesting...

Hector and I were out for a walk last week and we came across a lady walking her Great Dane. This woman was perhaps 100 lbs “soaking wet” and I later learned from her that her Dane was 180 lbs. Anyway, she is perhaps 10 - 15 feet away from Hector and I and she mentions that her Dane does not like Boxers :o

As soon as she finished saying this, the Dane charges Hector and literally drags her across the sidewalk. I had to “hip check” the Dane and grab his collar to stop him from getting at Hector - all while holding Hector on the other side of me. The Dane had a choke collar on and I managed to put a good twist on it and he turned his attention to me. I scream “NO” at him and he went submissive - I am looking at the Dane’s head and it is the size of a small suitcase - with big teeth :duh:

Anyway, the owner picks herself up and starts apologizing - all is good and no harm is done. Normally it is the smaller dogs that I find are much more aggressive than the larger breeds.

Be well…

:o My opinion. The owners should ALWAYS be able to control their dog. That could have turned out bad. I'm sure Hector would have done more damaged though.  :thumb:

Laundrew

« Reply #216 on: 23 Jul 2010, 06:23 pm »
:o My opionion. The owners should ALWAYS be able to control their dog. That could have turned out bad. I'm sure Hector would have done more damaged though.  :thumb:

I agree.

I see many owners walking their dogs without a leash and I am always worried that something may “startle” the dog and he/she may run out in front of a car and get severely injured. Another “pet peeve” on my list is owners whom do not clean-up after their pets - that is just plain rude and extremely disrespectful for other individual‘s property.

I think that the Dane would of really hurt my “big guy” as he had 100 lbs on him. I would rather have the Dane bite me than Hector, at least I can tell the doctor where and how much it hurts - and I have a most awesome healthcare plan at work.

I just thought of something :idea:

If the Dane would of chewed on my “derrière,” I could really have found out whom my true friends were when I needed my dressings changed or any ointments rubbed onto my butt  :lol:

Oh my goodness, I am getting a mental image on this one    :duh:

Be well...

Stu Pitt

« Reply #217 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:58 pm »
You guys are making me miss my old buddy.  He was a red Dobermann.  As a kid, he saved me so many times...

My father never hit me, but he used to threaten and gesture pretty often.  We only had Scrappy for a few weeks when I acted up and caused my father's reaction.  As a puppy (about 10 weeks old or so?), he ran from another room, sat down between us and growled at my father.  I was about 8 or so.  From then on, my father had to drag him into the bathroom before his charade.

I'm a little biased, but he was the most diciplined and effectionate dog I've ever been around. 

There are too many idiots out there who think being mean to a dog makes them tough and protective.  They're far smarter than that.  Make him a family member, and he'll act like one. 

1oldguy

« Reply #218 on: 24 Jul 2010, 12:35 am »
You guys are making me miss my old buddy.  He was a red Dobermann.  As a kid, he saved me so many times...

My father never hit me, but he used to threaten and gesture pretty often.  We only had Scrappy for a few weeks when I acted up and caused my father's reaction.  As a puppy (about 10 weeks old or so?), he ran from another room, sat down between us and growled at my father.  I was about 8 or so.  From then on, my father had to drag him into the bathroom before his charade.

I'm a little biased, but he was the most disciplined and affectionate dog I've ever been around. 

There are too many idiots out there who think being mean to a dog makes them tough and protective.  They're far smarter than that.  Make him a family member, and he'll act like one.

I agree with you a thousand times over.Hurting creatures that can't talk back is a crime.All I can say about that is I wish I were the judge in a land where the penalty can be truly severe.I wouldn't let someone else carry out the sentence,that pleasure would be all mine.I'd use the saying,iron first in a velvet glove,literally.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #219 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:22 am »
I agree with you a thousand times over.Hurting creatures that can't talk back is a crime.All I can say about that is I wish I were the judge in a land where the penalty can be truly severe.I wouldn't let someone else carry out the sentence,that pleasure would be all mine.I'd use the saying,iron first in a velvet glove,literally.

You're more compassionate than I am.  No velvet glove or iron fist needed IMO.  Ever see Resevoir Dogs?   Madson's punishment of the cop would be more my style.