Bolder's Component Video cables

JoshK

« on: 14 Mar 2003, 02:43 am »
Ok, this isn't exactly a review as I didn't have that many video cables lying around to compare to but I thought there was a major lack of feedback on Wayne's vid cables.  I will chime in with my $.02.  

I just got back my component vid cables from Wayne.  He updated them by replacing the Canare RCA's with bullet plugs on the source end and Canare BNC connectors on my plasma's end.  My plasma is a commercial version so the connectors are all BNC except for the RGB and S-vid.  

I have had these cables for about six months I think.  They were noticeably better than the Monster hi-res 2 component cables they replaced, with slightly richer colors.  

Well the update was a major improvement in visible color, 3-dimensionality and lack of any visible artifacts.  The richness, vivid colors of the plasma really shine with these cables.  I don't want to sound like a fool trumpeting Bolder, Bolder, Bolder but I have had nothing but good luck with the products I have bought from Wayne.  Not to mention Wayne takes good care of his customers; his customer service leaves nothing to be desired.  

So I just wanted to say that Bolder not only makes great audio cables their video cables, well component cables to be fair since I haven't tried any other, are top-notch in my experience as well.

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2003, 02:47 am »
I forgot to mention, before the update I was using RCA to BNC adapters that my dealer threw in with my plasma.  The BNC connectors on the cables Wayne built for me are in a different league as far as construction and snugness of fit.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2003, 04:06 am »
I don't want to sound like a fool trumpeting Bolder, Bolder, Bolder

Yeah, you definitely don't want to sound like one of those losers!  :lol:

Hell, I didn't even know Bolder made video cables.  Will I be buying some?  No way.  Wayne already has enough or my $$  :P

Jay S

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2003, 05:00 am »
Quote from: Tyson
I don't want to sound like a fool trumpeting Bolder, Bolder, Bolder

Yeah, you definitely don't want to sound like one of those losers!  :lol:

Am I part of the club too?   :P  

It can't be said enough that Wayne takes care of customers and listens to them as well.  For example, I had said many positive things about the smART but had pointed out what I felt was a need for more smoothness.  If these comments in some small way helped lead to the Mensa, then I am very happy that we now all have a better product available to us.  The slight leanness of the Nitro IC observed by some led to the cryo Nitro and the bybee Nitro.  

Ah video cables... am still trying to decide between a plasma and a projector (major impact on cable length) as well as which bank to rob to fund the purchase...   :mrgreen:

jcoat007

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2003, 02:18 pm »
It's amazing when a company takes their customers seriously, produces a quality product and charges a reasonable price...isn't it.

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2003, 04:32 pm »
Hey Josh how about taking a picture of those cables? I haven't seen any Bolder video products, but if it's like the audio stuff it's sweet looking. :)