Emerald and Emerald On-Wall being Discontinued

Mike Dzurko

« on: 2 Jun 2006, 12:42 am »
As of 6/1, some remaining stock. Please call or email for availability.

ajayrav

« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2006, 12:50 am »
Will the Emeralds have a replacement, say the Emerald XL?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2006, 11:58 am »
Quote from: ajayrav
Will the Emeralds have a replacement, say the Emerald XL?

Ajay:

An excellent question to which I do not have an answer. We're always working on various models and prototypes. Will we develop a worthy successor to the Emerald? Perhaps, but if so, it won't be for quite some time.

Evan S

???
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2006, 01:52 am »
Why the on wall version though Mike?  Are you going to offer another on wall speaker?  I have to admit that my on wall Emeralds are the one component to my system I cannot see replacing...ever.  I don't see what better speaker can be found for that kind of application.  Surely you don't want to lose those like me who need something that fits that kind of niche.

Mike Dzurko

Re: ???
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2006, 09:07 pm »
Quote from: Evan S
Why the on wall version though Mike?  Are you going to offer another on wall speaker?  I have to admit that my on wall Emeralds are the one component to my system I cannot see replacing...ever.  I don't see what better speaker can be found for that kind of application.  Surely you don't want to lose those like me who need something that fits that kind of niche.

Evan S:

You're right, the Emerald On-Wall does fill a real solid niche. I would love to keep it in the line, but can't justify the cost and space right now. Will we have a replacement? I would say there is a very good possibility down the road . . .

Herb

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2006, 02:30 pm »
IMO you wil want a replacement for both the Emerald and the onwall. Don't give up on the value end of the market. Lots of potential customers at these price levels. The onwall category seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.  I would suggest a sleaker look to compliment flat screen displays. I would also suggest a tall vertical version for the left right and a horizontal version for center.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2006, 01:07 pm »
Herb:

Your points are well taken, thanks!

Harry P

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2006, 02:18 pm »
I agree with Herb. I would suggest making any replacement models with the same finishes as the Sapphire XLs and the new subs. It is important to be able to mix and match the models in a system. A friend has 5 Emeralds and they are really amazing. But it would be cool if he could replace the front two with Sapphire XLs and the upcoming center and have a 5 look like they belong togehther