Isolation/dissipation tweaks and Red Wine Audio gear...

rlabarre

Thought I would throw the question out to the experts here. We know that Red Wine Audio gear doesn't need or benefit from AC line and power-conditioning accessories. What are the opinions, though, about Red Wine Audio equipment benefiting significantly from any of the tweaks meant to provide isolation/dissipation of vibration and resonances, such as different feet and/or dedicated bases or racks? I ask because I own none of those accessories, but keep reading in other forums how the better ones work to substantial advantage.

Profbratsch

Re: Isolation/dissipation tweaks and Red Wine Audio gear...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:28 pm »
Herbie's Tube Dampers and Tenderfeet (I use the TenderSoft for all my RWA gear) are very inexpensive options that will get more out of your system.  The dampers work in very tight spaces, such as the Isabella.  They do fit perfectly, though.  Vinnie will verify that if you ask him, because he installed them!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Isolation/dissipation tweaks and Red Wine Audio gear...
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2013, 02:17 pm »
All,

Feel free to play around with vibration / isolation products.  I haven't found any that make a "significant" improvement, but
trying different feet, tube dampers, etc. will offer some change to the sound.  It will be up to you to decide if it is better or
just "slightly different" sounding.

The dampers work in very tight spaces, such as the Isabella.  They do fit perfectly, though.  Vinnie will verify that if you ask him, because he installed them!

Yes, they do.... but I'm not sure if they will for the upcoming Isabella Renaissance Edition (on the 6H30 tubes).  As I will post in pictures soon enough, the tubes are mounted differently (horizontally and near the top, instead of vertically).... so we'll have to see...

Best regards,

Vinnie