WITHDRAWN GR Research Super V pair + Rythmik A370PEQ amps for sale

danvprod

Holding on to these. I figured out what was going on.
$2800

Selling my GR Research Super V pair and matching A370PEQ amps. These have been the best sounding speakers that I have ever heard in my room. They come alive with just a few watts thanks to their very high efficiency and separate subwoofer amps.

These were the pair that Danny had built, I am the second owner. Planning on building one of Danny's other designs next, mainly because I want the ability to have separate subwoofer arrays and maybe go with triples we will see. The first step is getting these sold.

I have the original boxes for the subwoofers and I have an extra diaphragm that I will include as a backup for the P-Audio co-axial drivers. I also have an EXTRA set of P-Audio co-axial driver that I have listed separately. I'd be willing to do $3500 for everything (I had the extra drivers listed as $1000, so $300 off if you grab everything).

What else to say about these. Danny sold finished pairs like this for $6500 when they were available. And they compete with speakers costing way more than that. If you have never heard open baffle servo bass, you are in for a real treat. These go to into the 20s for bass response.
« Last Edit: 9 May 2018, 08:35 pm by danvprod »

danvprod

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place. Mods can you please move this to the trading post? Sorry, Danny.

Danny Richie

That's okay. You can post our products for sale in our circle.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE

Danny, you are really cool about that. I have seen a few vendors move for sale posts out of their circle. I guess it does make sense to ask first but it is really kind of you to let people do this. I think the chances of selling these speakers goes way up when able to post in the manufacturers circle.

danvprod

Thanks, Danny, I appreciate it.

Danny Richie

I have no issue with it at all. The Super-V's were a super fun speaker. I wish I could still offer them. It's a great deal for someone to pick them up used.

Plus Dan is a repeat customer. He will sell the Super-V's and order more product from us.

Customers support us. We can support them.

Captainhemo

Nice   ,  someone  will  really  enjoy these  ,  wish I'd had an opportunity tohear a pair myself

jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
Nice   ,  someone  will  really  enjoy these  ,  wish I'd had an opportunity tohear a pair myself

jay

Well Jay, it you ever wander down to Seattle someday I've got just the place :thumb:

Captainhemo

Well Jay, it you ever wander down to Seattle someday I've got just the place :thumb:

You bet  Greg,  would never   head down that way without  stopping in  :beer:

jay

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Rent a truck and go steal those. Great speaker, period.

charles

Shakeydeal

Re: GR Research Super V pair + Rythmik A370PEQ amps for sale $2800
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2018, 03:54 pm »
Good luck on your sale, that's a good price.

Shakey

jpm

« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2018, 07:04 pm »
Wondering if anyone has experience running Super Vs with a LIO and what the experience is like?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2018, 10:36 pm »
Wondering if anyone has experience running Super Vs with a LIO and what the experience is like?

We had a LIO in house at one of my G2Gs. We were having a little trouble with a hum in one channel so couldn't do any critical listening. It wasn't the LIO but we never did figure out what the issue was. It had plenty of power for the super Vs although I have found the wattage the amp has the better. Right now I have a 1200AS2 which is the new ice edge class D based amp. It's a loaner from a very generous fellow AC member. What it does even better than other high wattage amps is help the large Super V midrange keep up with the speed of the Servo Subs. When I have used lower watt amps like the LIO the midrange doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the serve subs as well. I'm not saying it's a bad match and I know some people even run SETS with their Super Vs but in my experience they work better with larger amps. YMMV of course.

Greg 

danvprod

« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2018, 10:53 pm »
Interesting, Greg. I have always used my Vs with low-wattage tube amps (currently running the 4 watt SEP in my avatar pic). I should try a higher wattage amp too.

gab

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2018, 11:11 pm »
Interesting, Greg. I have always used my Vs with low-wattage tube amps (currently running the 4 watt SEP in my avatar pic). I should try a higher wattage amp too.

I bet you wouldn't sell them if you tried them with a Mivera amp....

gab

danvprod

« Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2018, 12:18 am »
If anyone wants to send me one to test out as a loaner, I'm all for it. In general if I can get to the sound I want without having to sell these all the better.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:25 am »
What is the sound you want?

Rocket Ronny

morganc

« Reply #17 on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:34 am »
I ran mine with Joule Electra Monoblocks, with a Lampizator DAC.  Sublime, all encompassing soundstage.  If you were closer to NorCal I would consider buying them. 

danvprod

« Reply #18 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:55 pm »
What is the sound you want?
Good question. What do I want?

* A bigger room *sigh*, but not much I can do about that. I tell myself I am lucky to have a dedicated room from listening and my office.
* A stable center image. This is my biggest problem right now. The image wanders often to the left speaker enough that it annoys me on a regular basis. I think this is a room issue, but don't know how to fix it.
* More mid weight (which is why the comment above about the AS1200 letting the P-Audio "keep up" with the Servo subs, got me intrigued). I have a depression in my response between 150 Hz and 350 Hz.
* Easier flexibility in positioning, which is why I am considering the separate sub/Otica choice. This would let me position the mains to get the best imaging and sound stage and subs to get the flattest bass response.

This about covers it. I may have someone local that has an AS1200 to demo. I am also open to other ideas...

SoCalWJS

« Reply #19 on: 25 Apr 2018, 02:13 pm »
Good question. What do I want?

* A bigger room *sigh*, but not much I can do about that. I tell myself I am lucky to have a dedicated room from listening and my office.
* A stable center image. This is my biggest problem right now. The image wanders often to the left speaker enough that it annoys me on a regular basis. I think this is a room issue, but don't know how to fix it.
* More mid weight (which is why the comment above about the AS1200 letting the P-Audio "keep up" with the Servo subs, got me intrigued). I have a depression in my response between 150 Hz and 350 Hz.
* Easier flexibility in positioning, which is why I am considering the separate sub/Otica choice. This would let me position the mains to get the best imaging and sound stage and subs to get the flattest bass response.

This about covers it. I may have someone local that has an AS1200 to demo. I am also open to other ideas...
How much time have you spent adjusting the Servo's, and what tools do you have at your disposal? Have you tried any room treatments?

It took me quite awhile to get the Bass where I wanted it to be using several different tools and playing around with room treatments. You may find that getting that straightened out can clean up other frequencies.