Cookies

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Cookies
« on: 11 Oct 2012, 10:28 pm »
Hi,here is a new vibration isolation that cost me nothing.There called (cookies).They are stamped out of used tires,you can see the fabric that was used in the process of making the tire with in the rubber.Cookies are used on a fishing trawls bottom rope.There treaded on a 3/4 inch steel rope,cable that drags on the floor of the ocean stiring up the bottom fish to be trapped in the net and ending up in the (cod end) where they are dumped out on the boats deck.I live in Portland Maine and ground fishing has almost come to a halt because of low species numbers.I have a freind that has piles of these.I know there not all exact,but with a level on your equipment,you just spin them around until the level bubble is in the middle.I made some wooden cases for my vintage Dyna stuff and think that wood is the best way to absorb vibrations in metal.Why else would a sledge hammer have a wooden handle?The cookies go under the bottom of the cabinet to keep the vibrations in the wood.I'm going to try to post a couple pictures.Ayuh....Mark Korda