How do we contact Scott Nixon locally?

claud

« on: 19 Mar 2004, 06:22 pm »
I have the urge for a Scott Nixon Tube DAC. Is there any way I can contact him here in NC? A phone number or address would be great. All I want to do is buy his DAC. Several posters at AA think his customer service stinks, so buying direct, person to person/cash would be best.

Hantra

« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2004, 09:16 pm »
Several posters at AA think his customer service stinks

Ohh, since some AA posters think that, it MUST be true, right?  Those guys are real top-notch, and if they say it, then it must be so.   :lol:

Nevertheless, Scott has the best customer service of ANY audio company I have ever dealt with, and it's not just because I live down the street.  I have known many guys who have said the same thing from all over the place.  

The key is, you need to call him.  Don't e-mail.  The guy gets hundreds of e-mails per day, and I don't know for a fact, but I'd be willing to bet that 97% of them are people who say, "will this DAC sound better than my ______?  And how will it compare to ______?".  I bet it's hard to weed through 300 of those per day, and find the guys who have done their homework, and are ready to buy.

Call him at 336-884-7394.  

1/2 my system is gear that Scott built, and whenever I have questions or problems, he's willing to take time out, even though he is extremely busy, and take care of his customers.  That's good customer service in my book.

You'll enjoy the DAC.  Get the extra power supply.  It's WELL worth the cost.

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2004, 09:32 pm »
As Hantra said, the only way to contact him is via phone.  I think I've gotten one email answered from him ever, but he's always been very helpful and patient on the phone.  It's a catch 22 for these "boutique" guys-they keep prices low on great gear by not having a huge staff, but then some things do fall through the cracks.  Just try getting Klaus via email - next to impossible, but on the phone, no problems.  Scott is great and you'll love his gear!

Zero

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2004, 09:41 pm »
I too can vouch for the exceptional service Scott provides!  Absolute top notch...!

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2004, 10:11 pm »
Me too, Scott is a great guy.  He has helped me work through a problem I was having.  Give him a buzz.

claud

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2004, 03:34 am »
This post sat unanswered for several days, so I Emailed Scott and got his phone number. I'm about ready to jump on his Tube DAC +. Thanks for the good words guys. Hantra, have you ever gone to Scott's house and watched him make a DAC? That's kinda what I had in mind, but I think I'll try his DAC first.
I like to visit the people who make my audio toys. I can go to Cary Audio and check out new equipment , and watch them work anytime. Your interest can lead to a nice relationship with the manufacturer. You would not believe what I paid for my V12R upgrade.

Hantra

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2004, 01:14 pm »
Hantra, have you ever gone to Scott's house and watched him make a DAC?

Well, I have seen him work, and it's impressive.  I don't see how he does it with some of these things.  I wouldn't even stand a chance at putting together the amps.   :lol:

claud

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2004, 09:43 pm »
Ordered Tube DAC+ and 3Xac powersupply Wednesday. Scott said about a week since he is almost caught up. Boulder digital cable with Nextgen connectors shipped today. Boy is my wife going to be pissed.

MikeCTM2

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2004, 09:46 pm »
right on      good move       what are you using as a transport?

ps  thanks for posting that number.     i just called scott to find out how to get a sony dvd player set for the tubedac.    digital out 'on'  DTS 'off'  and Dolby Digtial on 'pcm' and rather than 'Dolby Digital'.

claud

« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2004, 10:21 pm »
My transport is the same as the 6Moons review, Rotel 971 CDP. The thanks go to fellow NCer "Hantra" for providing the tel number. It took the pain out of ordering using plastic money.

Hantra

« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2004, 10:49 pm »
Claud:

Grats on the DAC.  Let us know what you think after you break in in for a while.  Also, if you're interested in an HDXV, I still have one that I am not using.  I can probably send it to you to compare if you want. .

L8z,

B

claud

« Reply #11 on: 3 Apr 2004, 12:59 am »
Hantra,
Another member offered to sell me his HDVX if his new cable worked out. I'll then do an A/B of the two on my office system . This will make the review more interesting for most members . If his offer falls through, I'll take you up on your offer. Come to Raleightown much?
claud

Hantra

« Reply #12 on: 3 Apr 2004, 01:19 am »
Quote from: claud
Come to Raleightown much?

Man I usually get there once in a while.  Anytime there is good, live, acoustic music, I am there!