Welcome to the NC Audiophile Circle!

Carlman

« on: 4 Feb 2004, 12:35 am »
Well, here it is!

I hope everyone can use this circle to arrange meets and gatherings... or discuss shows that are coming to town... or audio-related events happening in NC.

Feel free to chime in with questions, suggestions, or whatnot.

Thanks,
Carl

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2004, 01:06 am »
ConGrats on the new cicle  :hyper:  ! With all the answers I have received form "the boys" in the Carolina's :thumb:  , I'm glad they will have their own circle. Looking forward to some interesting reports. Thanks, Carl , Andy, Brandon !  :)

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2004, 01:11 am »
break out the banjo's :o  and
squeeeeeel like a  pig
in stereo of coarse :mrgreen:

mdconnelly

Back at ya from Durham
« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2004, 01:52 am »
Hey, Carlman, I'm in Durham as well.    I'm fairly new to AudioCircle but been around audio for a long time.

Glad to see a bit of NC focus here.    Other than the occasional trip to Audio Advice in Raleigh, I don't get to talk much audio with anyone around this area.

Mike

Hantra

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2004, 01:56 am »
YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

:lol:

mcrespo71

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2004, 02:19 am »
You Southern Folk are funny!!!   :lol:

Michael

Best of Funkadelic- Westbound LP

Carlman

Re: Back at ya from Durham
« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2004, 02:20 am »
Quote from: mdconnelly
Hey, Carlman, I'm in Durham as well.    I'm fairly new to AudioCircle but been around audio for a long time.

Glad to see a bit of NC focus here.    Other than the occasional trip to Audio Advice in Raleigh, I don't get to talk much audio with anyone around this area.

Mike

Cool... glad to have you.  You can get as deep into hifi talk as you want here.  From disecting diode qualities to picking a small beginners system, there's a lot of discussion at AC to get into... or out of in some cases.. ;)

I'll be hosting a gathering at my place on the 21st.  PM me for more details or check out my latest posts in the Critic's Circle.

-Carl

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2004, 02:34 am »
Hey, congrats to all y'all from the NY Audio Rave.  I have a name suggestion for you:
The NC Nascar Dads

Hantra

« Reply #8 on: 4 Feb 2004, 02:39 am »
I HATE NASCAR.  HATE IT. . .  And I WILL NOT be associated with it just because of the state I live in. . .   :nono:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 4 Feb 2004, 02:49 am »
Quote from: Daniel
Hey, congrats to all y'all from the NY Audio Rave.  I have a name suggestion for you:
The NC Nascar Dads
Daniel, I don't think they will be reviewing any car stereo's in their circle..........(Nascar Dads, must be the taxi fume's :lol: ).

bob82274

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2004, 04:22 am »
Good to see we have a place to hang out...

DTH

« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2004, 07:58 pm »
This is cool. Nicely done, Carl.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #12 on: 4 Feb 2004, 08:39 pm »
checking in from the home of the Carolina Panthers, your superbowl team

PhilNYC

« Reply #13 on: 5 Feb 2004, 01:46 pm »
Congrats on the new NC Circle!  Hope you folks enjoy it...we've had a blast with the NY Circle monthly meetings...am looking to see what you guys do!

rickster

« Reply #14 on: 10 Feb 2004, 06:37 pm »
congrats carlman,
another audiofool from durham here.

Stercom

Carolina Audiophile Society - Charlotte
« Reply #15 on: 10 Feb 2004, 09:59 pm »
I think this is great idea. We have a fairly active club in Charlotte. I will spread the word about AudioCircle. Here is a link to our website.
http://www.homestead.com/casweb/

Stercom

Carolina Audiophile Society - Charlotte
« Reply #16 on: 10 Feb 2004, 09:59 pm »
I think this is great idea. We have a fairly active club in Charlotte. I will spread the word about AudioCircle. Here is a link to our website.
http://www.homestead.com/casweb/

nature boy

« Reply #17 on: 10 Feb 2004, 11:56 pm »
Nothin' better than some deep fried audio chat with a mess of greens on the side.  :D    I'm with y'all in spirit having spent a few years in NC and SC.

NB

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #18 on: 15 Feb 2004, 12:45 pm »
I'm an honorary native here in Cary (about 20 years), but I must still opine that it's incomplete racing if you never have to turn the wheel to the right.  Can-Am and Trans-Am at The Glen in the days of Mark Donohue and Peter Gregg - my good ol' days.  :wink:

Lensman

Re: Welcome to the NC Audiophile Circle!
« Reply #19 on: 26 Feb 2004, 09:00 pm »
I'm in Raleigh, so I'm not far from some of the other NC Audiophile Circle members who live in Durham.
I've just recently purchased my first tube amp and have been evaluating various mods. First thing I did was to upgrade all the film capacitors. Most recently I wired around the pre-amp stage (it's an integrated)and am running a passive signal directly into the phase splitter from my Rega Planet CD player, purchased from Advanced Audio in Cary. I'd like a chance to hear other members' systems/components and invite others to hear mine.
Good luck with the new circle!