Let's say you had to pick a title for being the Best and the Worst?

Huck

Hi:
 Let's say you were to pick a particular artist's title,(vinyl).CD,streamed,whatever,for the the "worst" or the "best",what would your criteria be for picking such a title...would it be for the production(sonics),musicianship,lyrics or something else? Thanks,Huck :scratch:
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2023, 06:56 pm by Huck »

Mag

I will use Tangerine Dream as my reference. I have quite a few albums and I listened to most of them. I listen for creative themes, song construction and muscianship. Some albums where down right boring others may have great moments but not enough to call an album great. My favorite album is Livemiles but other listeners may not share my opinion, also like Poland, Architecture in Motion, Le Parc, Miracle Mile, Melrose. And the compilation or sort of montage of their career Live in Lisbon IMO is an excellent 3 hour listen.

Liking Tangerine Dream is learned as I have been listening to them since the early 80's. I don't think everyone can get into it with short exposure. :smoke:

Huck

I will use Tangerine Dream as my reference. I have quite a few albums and I listened to most of them. I listen for creative themes, song construction and muscianship. Some albums where down right boring others may have great moments but not enough to call an album great. My favorite album is Livemiles but other listeners may not share my opinion, also like Poland, Architecture in Motion, Le Parc, Miracle Mile, Melrose. And the compilation or sort of montage of their career Live in Lisbon IMO is an excellent 3 hour listen.

Liking Tangerine Dream is learned as I have been listening to them since the early 80's. I don't think everyone can get into it with short exposure. :smoke:

Thanks...anyone else?Huck

Digi-G

For me it's musicianship and lyrics.  The production is secondary, and meaningless, if I don't relate to the music first.

I know a lot of people don't even pay attention to lyrics   :o , so I assume the other 2 items are what's important for them (i.e. how it sounds).

Huck

For me it's musicianship and lyrics.  The production is secondary, and meaningless, if I don't relate to the music first.

I know a lot of people don't even pay attention to lyrics   :o , so I assume the other 2 items are what's important for them (i.e. how it sounds).
I for one do not pay attention to the lyrics as (most of the time) they make no sense.How it sounds to me is more important to me rather than musicianship,so if the musicianship is 100% and the recording of it is flat,with no life,I will pass.
I find that I am more "picky" the older I get with my music I listen to than I used to be...anyone else?Thanks,Huck :scratch:
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2023, 07:52 pm by Huck »