Amp recommendations please? New is fine but used as well

TJ-Sully

Re: Amp recommendations please? New is fine but used as well
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2018, 09:20 pm »
And let's not forget Whipping Post and Southbound!  I was contacted by Bryston and I think they are leaning towards the 4B3 first (typically that is PLENTY of power) but have asked the right questions:

1. How loud do you listen?
2. What is your room size
3. Do you listen to "The Brothers"

I'll let ya know if I hear back... Got a email at like 9pm last nite.  That's pretty cool customer service.

Hey Ronin
That's right! Can't forget about all the Brothers' tunes - and all of their related endeavors - Derek Trucks, Chuck Leavell, Gov't Mule, etc, etc.  Love it all.

To get the most out of your gorgeous setup from an amplification perspective, I think,  would be mono blocks. And the 7B3's would be the cat's ass. For me, the advantage over the 4B3 would be improved linearity and provide all the headroom you would need - to get the absolute best out of your system. Providing the budget is there, of course  :scratch:

If interested, check out of a few perspectives from PS Audio's lead man Paul McGowan - from just down the road from you!
https://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/stereo-vs-monoblocks/
https://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/are-more-powerful-amplifiers-necessary/

Gotta like Bryston customer service is right! Nobody does it better in my view. Long live Bryston!

TJ

G E

Re: Amp recommendations please? New is fine but used as well
« Reply #21 on: 9 May 2018, 01:23 am »
  The 4B will work just fine however if can spring for 28B go for it. Just wonderful amps period.

charles

Absolutely agree. You can get the latest rev 28bsst2 used for not much more than a pair of new sevens.

Bryston should be marketing them as thrill rides. But they also do exceptionally well with quiet, delicate passages.