NC Museum of Art

mojoman

NC Museum of Art
« on: 20 May 2004, 03:47 pm »
Some interesting summer concerts coming up at the NC Museum of Art.  This is one of my favorite outdoor venues.  All shows start at 8:00 PM.

6/5  - Jerry Douglas
6/19 - Rosanne Cash
6/23 - Los Lobos
7/31 - Earl Scruggs Review
8/21 - Roger McQuinn

Ticket info can be found at http://ncartmuseum.org/events/concerts.shtml

Hantra

NC Museum of Art
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2004, 05:45 pm »
If you have not seen Jerry Douglas, you need to go to this.  

It's completely different from watching him play with Alison Krauss, or another bluegrass band.  He actually jams quite effectively when he is with his band.  

If I hadn't already blown my concert budget on Eric Clapton, I would take this one in for SURE.

Carlman

NC Museum of Art
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2004, 05:58 pm »
I thought we had a list of live venues that were good for acoustic listening in the NC Circle... do we not?

There was a place in Cary that someone mentioned and now I can't find it.

I will definitely get to some live venues this summer... hopefully some of these at the Museum of Art.

-C

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
NC Museum of Art
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2004, 09:54 am »
The two places I go in Cary are Six String Cafe (in MacGregor) and Regency Park.  BTW, Regency has the Great High Mountain Tour tomorrow night - Alison Krauss, Ralph Stanley, Ollabelle, and more.  Should be a great show.

Oh, and is anyone going to Arlo tonight at Carolina Theater?

mojoman

NC Museum of Art
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2004, 08:07 pm »
I saw Arlo at the Berkley Cafe a few years ago.  He was very entertaining as a solo act.  I'm saving my money to see some of shows listed  above plus the Dickey Betts Band at the Cats Cradle and JJ Cale at the Lincoln Theater.  Emmylou Harris is coming to Regency Park later this summer and I've got pretty good seats for the Dead with Warren Haynes at Walnut Creek in August.   The Allman Brothers are schedule for Walnut Creek on Oct. 1 and I've heard that Los Lonely Boys will open for them.  If they do then that show will kick some major ass.