Class A Parallel Linear Regulated Power supply Where can I source it?NOT CHINA!

undertow

Basically not sure where to go with this question, but as everyone knows trying to source anything from a China distributor is going to be impossible right now, and has been for quite some time to be honest.

I need only one board :

Class A parallel regulated power supply ±9V ±24V adjustable regulated psu. Even fixed at 15 volt DC +/- would be okay.

Its pretty simple, but finding anything built in the U.S. or even parts available for such a thing seems nearly impossible unless somebody here has a source to get something very similar or identical.

Photos below, and specs. of what I am looking for. Its a small regulated power supply board only about 5" x 3", but I am looking for something of good quality.

Obviously this would cost about 40 bucks out of China tested and assembled, but where else to find them I could not say as every single component and company on this board would be made in Hong Kong, or China I believe at this point.

If you have a link to a U.S. distributor that has stuff like this on hand let me know. If they have to drop ship from China obviously it is no use.

There has been basically zero communications out of China for 4 or 5 weeks and likely to continue for another month so let me know.
_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ______________________

Description:

Class A parallel regulated power supply board, provide + - output voltage, high speed and low noise

output voltage adjustable ±9V to  ±24V , hifi regulated power supply board

High quality components: 718 resistors, WIMA capacitors, quality triodes, Phillips high speed recovery rectifier diodes, etc.

PCB size: 125 × 70mm (FR4 quality)

Adjustable output voltage range : ±9V to ±24V,
default quiescent current: 150mA, (ie. load current 150mA, free current 50mA)

(the best voltage regulator is ±15V)

this psu board suitable for CD, DAC, pre-amplifier etc.

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ______________________

« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2020, 11:06 pm by undertow »

WGH

Even fixed at 15 volt DC +/- would be okay.

Until you find exactly what you need an Acopian A15MT300 will work.
Built like tanks, designed to work forever, eBay has a few listed starting at $25.87
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACOPIAN-LINEAR-REGULATED-POWER-SUPPLY-A15MT300/232810839582?epid=1823842630&hash=item36349b7e1e:g:8p8AAOSwQmpbJ~0M

https://www.acopian.com/

rlee8394

undertow

rlee8394,

Close! I appreciate that, but unfortunately I have standard single regulator linear supplies like this.

Looking for a Parallel Linear Class A design it uses dual regulators per -/+ vs. just one regulator chip each.

wushuliu

Personally I wouldn't get hung up on the 'Parallel Linear Class A' of those Chinese boards. Some work great, some don't. They are fun to tinker with and cheap but I'd have no qualms using one of the above linked options. They are just inconvenient weight and enclosure-wise, but aren't those the hallmarks of true audiophile gear? :wink:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Assuming 1 amp is enough output current for +15V and -15V, consider buying this (2 are available):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acopian-15EB100-AC-TO-DC-Power-Supply-Module/312901013233?epid=1501684714&hash=item48da5a8ef1:g:AwUAAOSwIspaX4fD

Use one for the +15Vdc, and one for the -15Vdc.

That's a nice price (They are $200 each for brand new modules).

Good luck,

Vinnie

WGH

The reason I suggested the Acopian A15MT300 was because I guessed you were looking for a very high quality power supply. Yes, 3 amps is a lot more than you need but it is the smallest 15 amp "A" series power supply listed with a load and line regulation of 0.005% and 0.25 mV RMS Ripple.

The smaller "B" series has a slightly higher load 0.15%, line .05% and 1 mV RMS Ripple specifications if that matters to you.

undertow

I appreciate the suggestions, but I don’t need a stand alone self contained industrial test unit. I do need about 1.5 to 2 amp quality parallel Class A supply.

It is built into a higher end component with a toroid transformer etc.. it’s not a test box or anything it’s a finished component. Hence the one I show above is a perfect specimen, however from hi fi suppliers in China and who knows if these distributors will get back to shipping anything soon.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Undertow,

Is DIY an option for you?

Best,
Anand.

undertow

Sure, but obviously without a finished board ready to solder it is not viable.

It needs to be relatively compact. Not much bigger than 5" x 3".

Problem is even if I had the board ready to go, getting all these component values may or may not even be in stock somewhere like mouser to make it happen because I don't have schematics or anything for this. Plus cost would probably triple.

Hence the simplicity of just ordering this thing from a supplier ready to go.

Parts express use to sell the basic linear supply boards, but not anymore and I don't need a linear single regulator board.

I believe the answer to the question from the OP is no.

There are really no distributors outside of China stocking the component module type finished boards like this, and 99% of the stock you will even find is literally going to be on Ebay all shipping from Hong Kong or China which they are all shut down.

I already went to paypal on one I ordered weeks ago to get a refund as they have not shut down Chinese accounts from taking payments yet, but they are aware of the problem. 

Only other option is finding a U.S. audio manufacturer using similar power supplies building preamps or DACs, and buying from their parts repair counter or something, but good luck on that and likely would cost a fortune if you even found something.

Thanks anyway guys, guess I will wait it out and see how this goes.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
For your voltage, regulation and ripple requirements DIY is easy, although your size requirement is the difficult part.

Try this: https://www.ldovr.com/category-s/121.htm

Email him and see what he can do.

For diy, there are a plethora of designs on diyaudio, and the Sigma 22 from AMB Audio come to mind.

Best,
Anand.