sad news...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
sad news...
« on: 3 Dec 2007, 02:27 am »
All,

I have very sad news to report.  Louis' father passed away today (December 2nd) at Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT.  Since his accident in Greece last summer, this has been a really sad situation.  I'm really short of words right now... I feel very bad for Louis and his family.  This has been a very difficult year for him.  He lost a good friend early this year, and now this.  At least his father is no longer suffering.  He recently told me that his father encouraged him to start Omega and he even purchased his table saw when he started.  Louis is strong and has a lot of great ideas for 2008 and he told me that he is motivated now more than ever to grow Omega and I know he will make his father very proud! 

I'll be helping Louis with his emails and this forum while he is away. 

Thank you for helping me support Louis,

Vinnie

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: sad news...
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2007, 03:10 am »
Vinnie, That is very sad news indeed.  :cry: Please send along condolences from the Baker family when you next speak to him. I am sure this thread will be overwhelming by the time Louis gets around to reading it.

I suspect we will see a special design in his father's honor sometime soon.

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2007, 03:42 am »
Vinnie,

Please convey my heartfelt condolences to Louis.  I never had the honor or pleasure of meeting Louis's father, but have purchased numerous speakers from Louis throughout the years.  The pride of craftsmanship, the quality of the product, the beauty of both the cabinet and the design; these are traits that Louis obviously learned from his parents.  Indeed I have no doubt dealing with the son that the father was a good man.

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2007, 03:49 am »
Please let Louis and his family know we'll be holding them in our thoughts and our hearts. 

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2007, 04:01 am »
My deepest sympathy to Louis and his family.

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2007, 04:26 am »
Louis,

My deepest sympathies for you and your family.

audiomaniac

« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2007, 04:41 am »
Louis-

I am so sorry to hear this news about your father. Just having had the opportunity to meet you and see how you care about others tells me what a wonderful and special man he was. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

John

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2007, 05:03 am »
Louis,

I'm sorry for your loss, best wishes for you and your family.

Dave

Zero

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2007, 05:24 am »
Louis, I hope your pops knew about how many lives your products have touched through the years. My sympathies to you, and my egards to the Baker family during this moment.

GHM

« Reply #9 on: 3 Dec 2007, 05:50 am »
I give my condolences as well. It's tough losing a parent. I understand how you must feel. I lost my father a few days before the 4th of July this year. You never get over it..you just learn to live with it.
You begin with tears every time you think of him. As time goes on you'll smile every time you think of him.

Best wishes to you and your family

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2007, 06:59 am »
My deepest sympathies to you and your mother and the rest of your family, Louis.

Duke

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #11 on: 3 Dec 2007, 12:00 pm »
My most sincere sympathies.  I lost my father going on 18 years ago now.  No matter the time or the circumstances, losing a father is always a blow.  Best wishes.

Bryan

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #12 on: 3 Dec 2007, 12:47 pm »
Sorry Louis,

Hang in there and work -- there is nothing like busy work to keep your grief in check.  Someday you will be able to remember the good times with your father without the pangs of pain.  I hope that will be soon.  My prayers are with you and your family.

jackman

« Reply #13 on: 3 Dec 2007, 01:28 pm »
I'd like to offer my deepest sympathy to Louis and his family.  Losing my father in April of this year as the worst experience of my life, but with time, things do get better.  I find myself looking back at all the good times we had together and focusing less on the loss.  I hope Louis can find comfort in the closeness he and his father shared and hope that his father's memory will continue to live in Louis' heart, as my father's memory lives on in mine. 

Louis is a gret guy, one of the coolest people I have met in this business.  I have no doubt he made his father very proud by the way he built his company and the way he conducted his life. 

All the best,

Jack

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #14 on: 3 Dec 2007, 02:46 pm »
Dear Louis,

So sorry to hear about your loss, your dad must have been a great man because I'm sure his son has inherited his traits. Your family is in our prayers .

So sad to lose a father but he will always be inside your heart.

Warmest Regards,
Bill

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #15 on: 3 Dec 2007, 03:55 pm »
Dear Louis,

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Sincerely,
Gary

murpan

• http://www.dinletimusic.com
« Reply #16 on: 3 Dec 2007, 07:10 pm »
Dear Louis,

I am soo sorry to hear about your loss, your father must have been a great man in your life. Please accept my deepest sympathies to you and your mother and the rest of your family.

Best and warmest regards.

Murat Pancaroglu

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #17 on: 4 Dec 2007, 01:14 am »
Very sad news indeed.  Condolences to Louis and his family.

--Jerome

Meicheng

« Reply #18 on: 4 Dec 2007, 01:22 am »
I extend my heartfelt condolences as well.  Keep your loved ones in your heart.  Martin. 

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #19 on: 4 Dec 2007, 01:40 am »
My most sincere sympathies are with you and your family, I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
John