What to do with a pair of homeless f127e's?

bprice2

What to do with a pair of homeless f127e's?
« on: 28 Mar 2007, 06:53 pm »
Sell them?  DIY a pair of OB's? 

I figure this situation will become more prevalent with Louis' introduction of the new hemp drivers.  To those of you who have made the switch, what did you do with your old drivers?

SET Man

Re: What to do with a pair of homeless f127e's?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2007, 06:59 pm »
Hey!

I will buy them from you if the price is right and give them good homes.  aa

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

bprice2

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2007, 08:03 pm »
SET Man,

I will keep that in mind.  Right now I'm thinking about putting them use.  Just not sure in what way yet.  It will be 2-3 weeks before the Fostex drivers are removed and it will be 2 pairs (bipoles).  If I decide to sell, you will be the first to be contacted.

Brett

vinylkid58

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2007, 08:22 pm »
Hi Brett,

You could keep one pair for a speaker project and sell the other pair. There are lots of DIY projects for the FE127, most are BR or ML-TL designs, or you could try them OB with a pair of 12" drivers to fill in the bass. They would also work for HT or computer speakers.

Regards,
Jeff

bprice2

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:08 pm »
What are BR and ML-TL designs?

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:10 pm »
BR - bass reflex

ML-TL - transmission line

JDK1

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:20 pm »
Since I've got a f127e set sitting in the new hemp driver boxes for my XRS's, I really like the idea of finding new homes for them in a ht set up...Not being a craftsman to construct a box (either version), does anyone have a source for new enclosures? I know that there is a lon thread for the OB designs, but some sort of enclosure might do better...
-Thanks, jdk

vinylkid58

« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:52 pm »
jdk,

Check out Parts Express for pre-built enclosures:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=302-712&ctab=1#Tabs

You could do either ported or sealed. They have a few different sizes and finish options, .38cuft ported for the FE127 is a good starting point.

Jeff

schotter

this is what I did
« Reply #8 on: 1 Apr 2007, 02:04 pm »
I still have a pair of Omega Minuets (rear port double driver in front) which were kind of out of commission since I have the XRS. After a little chat about the hemp drop-ins Louis sent me two front ports and kool little foam balls to plug the rear ports along with the new drivers and instructions for installation. Basically, by plugging the rear port, using the lower holes for front ports and the upper ones for the Fostex drivers I converted my Minuets to narrow baffled Super3s...and they sound so much better than before. Doesn't hurt that with the white cones they are now the most handsome speakers I ever saw (finish sapele? Dunno, forgot). Well, all this and Louis did not even mention any additional charge! They sit in my bedroom and wake us up with some Mendelssohn from time to time. Only problem now is what to do with the four Minuet drivers.

Louis O

« Reply #9 on: 7 Apr 2007, 10:33 pm »
Hi all,

Great topic and the easiest thing to do are sell them. The speakers are very good and the best part is they have been broken in.

Hi schotter,

Thanks and I'm happy the converted Minuets are working out great. It was my pleasure and very happy it worked out.

Thanks again,
Louis

schotter

Louis O

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2007, 12:49 am »
Hi Schotter,

Great picture and they came out awesome. Converted Minuets and you would never know it.

Well done,
Louis

kbuzz3

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:58 pm »
What is the FMv for a used pair?

Louis O

« Reply #13 on: 3 Aug 2007, 07:23 pm »
Hi,

I have quite a few myself and older 8" hemp drivers.

If any is interested in raw drivers.

Thanks,
Louis